Whats for supper at your place ?

Options

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Petite Grilled BBQ Steak and Le Cordon Bleu recipe for Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes and a Mango Peach Mio water 24 oz, I gotta work out a little extra today though cuz my daughter had a basketball tournament earlier in the day and I had some concession food and so later on doing the Billy Blanks Bootcamp-Ab Bootcamp
  • snerd2123
    Options
    I made Chicken Breasts sauteed in some smart balance spread with red, green and yellow peppers in a chicken stock. Also a pot of chili using really lean ground beef and some awesome moroccan seasoning got for Christmas, it has onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, cilantro, parsley , red pepper and tarragon.,..I also added some chili piquin to heat it up and a dash of cinnamon, a large can crushed tomatos and a can black beans....I calculated 1/2 cup to about 200 calories--I enjoy making up recipes --hubby loved it...dont think I could make it exactly same again though...
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm lower carb and avoiding gluten, so we're having oven-fried chicken (coated with coconut flour/spices) baked in butter/coconut oil. I tried the butter/coconut oil last time, and it was delish!, so now checking out the flavor with coconut flour. Small serving of Costco's sprouted rice/quinoa, and a spinach/veggie salad with hard-boiled egg, cheese, and salami toppings.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Chicken Chili with Rice.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    Tonight we are having sirloin steak with white asparagus and baked potatoes.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm having sliced pear with roast beef and a cottage cheese/horseradish mixture. I normally use sour cream instead of cottage cheese, but I'm out. I like the salty sweet mix of the pear with the lean roast beef and sauce. I'll probably also have some of the leftover Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake I made last night. It was amazing. Here's the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html

Skinnytaste has a lot of great nutritious/ low-cal recipes.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I was so pleased to avoid cooking tonight, because I spent about 6 hrs yesterday on this wonderful butternut squash and pork ragu lasagna! Really good--there are no noodles, they are replaced with roasted slices of butternut squash. The pork ragu made it fantastic. Like I said, REALLY GOOD, but it took so long to pull together. It definitely won't be a regular recipe for me. Here's the recipe, in case anyone is crazy enough to spend all day on it:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/butternut-squash-and-pork-lasagna-recipe/index.html

I think you'd probably do best to cook it over a couple days. Do the ragu one day, then do the squash roasting and assemble the whole thing on the next day.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings! The kids are having pretty boring wings with just salt and pepper, and they'll have some raw veggies and fruit on the side.

My husband and I are having hot wings and lots of raw veggies on the side. No dip for the veggies (or the wings) and the wings are baked, not fried. Delicious.
  • merackle04
    Options
    Homemade pasta rotel 1 cup for me!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    NY Strip steak
    steamed caulifower w Old Bay seasoning
    mashed sweet potatos with ginge, chicken broth and curry

Yum!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had a baked wild salmon fillet, brown basmati rice, pinto beans, cabbage and mangetout.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    An 8oz piece of grilled salmon (with coconut oil, salt, pepper, cardamom), broccoli with cheese sauce and tiny cabbages from hell roasted with diced bacon and olive oil.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Homemade pizza on the grill here! I make the crust thin and use a smaller amount of cheese on my portion with larger amounts of basil and fresh tomato.
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Chicken Taco Chili! Only 204 calories for 1 1/4 cup serving!
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Homemade black beans over wheat Pasta (Must go night) with crumbed Morningstar sausage and a sprinkle of grated cheddar. Yum!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Jalapeño sausage with zucchini and yellow squash.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We are having grilled pork chops, a baked sweet potato and, spicy tomatoes, okra, and corn. It's cooking right now and I am starving!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Quinoa with caramelized onions, zucchini, peas and parmigiana cheese. It is super simple and nummy.

Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups veggie broth in one saucepan . In a skillet -caramelize 2 med sweet onions in 1 tbsp pf evoo, add 2 med zucchini that are diced and cook till the zucchinni are almost done then add in 2 cups of defrosted peas. Mix the cooked quinoa into the veggies. Serve with some grated cheese and a couple grinds of black pepper.

that sounds fabulous. I <3 quinoa
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Tonight was pulled pork on 15 grain toast and two tbsp of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce. Also a thick slice of fresh pineapple, steamed spinach w/ red wine vinegar and for desert, amaretto peppered strawberries topped with a little rediwhip. 600 cal total and yum!

Portions: 80g pork, 120g spinach, 180g pineapple, 120g fresh strawberries drizzled w/ the sauce.

My hubby doesn't need to lose weight so he had his strawberries over ice cream.