Workout Music?

Options
What type of music do you listen to when you workout (if you do). I really really really want to expand my play list, so do you have any favourites at all that you'd like to share with me? :D

Replies

• rougecrayon
    Options
    I love upbeat disney songs. I find they put me in such a good mood, and they're fun to sing along with!!

Other than that, I have a notebook in my purse so I can write down a song if I hear it out.
    I scour the fitness sites, and google "work out songs".

Other than disney I listen to music I love which is country, pop, rock, punk, and rap!
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good music certainly can keep you motivated. Even for walking I find a good beat can help to keep a fast pace. Most of the stuff I listen to is Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, and would you believe - the Beatles! Bee Gees and even the latest soundtrack to Les Mis is good
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I find it funny but the music I listen to in the car, at home, at work, is NOT the music I listen to at the gym.
    And it's stuff I probably NEVER would have gotten into if I didn't start working out.

A few of my recent favourites;

Love in Motion - SebastiAn
    Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT Feat John Legend
    Warrior - Kimbra
    You Used to Hold Me - Calvin Harris
    Sweet Nothing - Florence & The Machine ft. Calvin Harris
    Hollywood - RAC feat Penguin Prison

I also like a lot of Daft Punk, K-os, Empire of The Sun and Passion Pit
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love working out to The Grey Album. It's a mix done by Dj Mighty Mouse that combines The Beatles White Album with Jay-Z's Black Album....very awesome!
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've worked out to Basshunter before. Pretty awesome dance music. It really gets you in an upbeat mood which is necessary for a workout!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I just use my smartphone and listen to Pandora.
  • Ginger1436
    Options
    I like old school rap.
  • mrsb102
    mrsb102 Posts: 16
    Options
    Shinedown, Nickeback, or I just shuffle whatever I have on my Iphone. I do like to set myself a goal with songs though. For example, Diamond Eyes by Shinedown is rougly 5 minutes, so I try to run for 5 minutes.
  • misslibbyh
    misslibbyh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hard, fast and rythmic. I have found several tracks by KMFDM keep me going and no matter what mood I'm in when I go for a walk "Burning Inside" By Ministry sends me into a jog... and I can't even really jog. lol

Some tracks on my playlist:

"looking for strange" by KMFDM
    "Be Free" El Dolrado (The Perfect Trance)
    "Megalomaniac" KMFDM
    "Mimosa" Psychedelic Sterio
    "Toonmowi Tree" Deya Dova (Kayla Scintilla Remix)
    "Shlomsky" Heyoka
    "Burning Inside" Ministry
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Bangarang and Cinema -Skrillex
    Dota -Basshunter
    Tech N9ne
    Limp Bizkit
    Bad Meets Evil (Above the law is my favourite)
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Eye of the Tiger lol
    Daft Punk
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Hollywood Undead
    Ludacris
    Kittie

That's just some of the stuff I like lol
  • Winter_Nights
    Winter_Nights Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i listen to upbeat pop music and po-prock music at the gym. since the beats are fast paced and catchy, i find that that genre keeps me going more-so than alternative rock,my favorite genre and what i listen to most of the time.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been listening to a lot of Daft Punk off their Alive 2007 album. Really fast paced for getting pumped when doing cardio.
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    Seriouslyyyy everyone should check out Pop Danthology 2012 on YouTube, and there's a free download on Facebook under Daniel Kim music. It's an 8 minute mash up of 50 popular songs, the beat is so awesome, I can workout to it without thinking of the pain I'm putting my body through once!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I like listening to punk while working out.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    When I workout I like to listen to music with good beat and no lyrics. Electronic Genres
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDboaDrHGbA
  • chichismiles
    Options
    I like a lot of alternative rock, pop rock, pop punk music so here are some of the things I listen to:

Simple Plan-Last One Standing
    -Freaking Me Out
    Fall Out Boy-Chicago Is So Two Years Ago (any of their songs get me pumped really)
    Sum 41- Still Waiting
    Paramore-For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic
    -Careful
    -Ignorance
    All American Rejects-Walk Over Me
    -Fast and Slow
    Taking Back Sunday-Cute Without the "E" (Cut From the Team)
    Good Charlotte-The Anthem
    -Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous
    Falling in Reverse-I'm not a Vampire
    Young the Giant-My Body
  • abby_dunham
    Options
    I like to workout to Latin (salsa & merengue), and also 90's (Technotronics, MC Hammer...)
  • DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Options
    AC/DC, Disturbed, Skillet, etc. Anything with a good beat and tempo really. Helps get a rhythm going! :)
  • LouMonoLou
    Options
    I listen to a variety of music styles when i workout. If I want to be really intense,I listen to metal. My favourite metal/hard rock band is SOAD. They were really good. I may listen to Rotting Christ but not very often.

I listen to RNB style songs as well. I like Ciara. She has 2 songs I love listening when I work out. First one is called "WORK" and the other one is "Gimme dat". I also like Nicole Scherzinger. Try "Whatever you Like" and any other PCD song.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    fit Radio....You can pick playlists based on heart rate goals.