soda=liquid candy

Options
dan_IRL
dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
I treat soda like candy, which is really what it is. It is liquid candy.

I got rid of the mentality that I needed to have a soda with every meal. I don't eat a snicker's bar with every meal, so why should I drink a coke or other soda with every meal.

I have a candy bar once every great while. Now I only have a soda once every great while as well.

(I know there are no calories in diet soda, but there are so many other chemicals and GMO crap in them that I decided to blanket all soda, diet and full strength, as candy.)

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    So there are no chemicals in regular soda?

I'll take full flavored aspartame with zero calories because I like it. Mmmmm

I'm sure there are more chemicals in your every day life that you are inhaling/putting on your skin then in a single can of diet soda. I'll take my chances.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    candy = solid soda
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Your asparagus has chemicals in it
    Your chicken has chemicals in it
    Your water has chemicals in it
    Your corn
    Your broccoli
    All your health food does.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't

Kudos to you for no soda though, drinking it is like smoking plastic
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

I got rid of the mentality that I needed to have a soda with every meal. I don't eat a snicker's bar with every meal, so why should I drink a coke or other soda with every meal.

I have a candy bar once every great while. Now I only have a soda once every great while as well.

(I know there are no calories in diet soda, but there are so many other chemicals and GMO crap in them that I decided to blanket all soda, diet and full strength, as candy.)

Good for you?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've cut out soda entirely, too. I found it skyrocketed my sugar cravings. Hard as hell at first, but then easier and easier. It was worth it.

That said, there are lots of people who can fit a can or two a day into their goals and do just fine. Me? I can't have just one. It's none or else the whole 12 pack. Easier for me to just stay out of it entirely.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I treat the trees out back like a toilet, because...you know...trees are basically toilets
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Meh. Diet soda for me is my go "sweet" treat every day. And it's been that way for about 25 years now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EstiloPanama
    Options

Good for you?

That's what I was thinking...I considered offering a cookie, but the butter used may have chemicals in it...so I don't know...maybe like, a super healthy oatmeal raisin? Wait, the raisins...the raisins....must..use...organic....grapes.........
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I agree with you and think that is a good way of thinking about it (the candy bar with dinner thought) some days, I just really want one so will give in and have a 20 oz bottle of Pepsi. Also, Diet soda does contain calories. Just not in individual servings. In this country, for whatever reason, if a serving of something is less than 5 calories, they don't have to say that it does contain calories. So to the people who are drinking a lot of diet soda, are drinking calories (maybe not heaps and certainly not as much as regular soda but it is calories!) same goes for things like those butter sprays that are "0," calories per 5 sprays. Look at the ingredients in that! Buttermilk, etc. I am rambling now.. hahaha

edit: meant to say I"ll have a 20 oz bottle of DIET pepsi.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good for you?

That's what I was thinking...I considered offering a cookie, but the butter used may have chemicals in it...so I don't know...maybe like, a super healthy oatmeal raisin? Wait, the raisins...the raisins....must..use...organic....grapes.........

why even comment?
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good for you?

why even comment?

Agreed. So ridiculous & un-needed.

I started getting the little cans of diet coke... so I can feel better about my addiction. haha! :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    soooo....beer is like a liquid slice of bread? :laugh:
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    wouldn't advise fake sweetners it causes migraines and cancer.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    soda with no calories is like candy with no calories : no calories.

i consider full cal soda to be "liquid candy." cal free soda : not so much.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Wow. I thought MFP was suppose to be supportive.

Anyway, Awesome job (y) Kudos to you :3 I cut it out for a few months... then I got dragged back in lol.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    wouldn't advise fake sweetners it causes migraines and cancer.

Do you have peer-reviewed studies to show that?
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds while drinking lots and lots of diet coke. Last week I decided to cut out the diet coke and lost 4-1/2 pounds in 7 days. Not sure what it is since there are no calories, but it definitely helps you hold onto pounds. I won't be drinking it anymore.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Correlation=/=Causation
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds while drinking lots and lots of diet coke. Last week I decided to cut out the diet coke and lost 4-1/2 pounds in 7 days. Not sure what it is since there are no calories, but it definitely helps you hold onto pounds. I won't be drinking it anymore.

Diet soda has sodium.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    soooo....beer is like a liquid slice of bread? :laugh:

SO F'CKIN GOOD!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTobQTYc58SZcG_SgMbIDpRhIIwwmBubplm7nhy6PVQSNrL0Q2G