Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

scale.. my thoughts...

Erin's thoughts...... :heart:
"The Scale"....
dont let it have too much power... it TRULY IS JUST A NUMBER!!!! our bodies are based on so much more... muscle wt vs fat wt.. shape /inches over scale #... did a LOT of thinking on my long walk this mornin... and in fact I think im going to up my wt goal! (ticker).. because its NOT just about the number.... a "weight goal" or to weigh in should be a guide not a do or die get to number... its not like your walking around with your weight "number" on your forehead all day!!! I know I dont look or feel what the scale says!.. in fact i was talking with my neighbor just last wk.. and were the same height within an inch or so (i'm 5'4").. she and I wear there same size pants.. same size.. yet she is 30 pounds less then me! 30 FREAKIN POUNDS!!!!!.... shes at 165 (my now goal wt on ticker) and im 195.. she couldnt FREAKIN believe I weighed that!... so that says a LOT there.. that with WORKING OUT.. and especially with weights.. you gain muscle! (weighs more then fat) and also muscle is smaller than fat (one pound of muscle is less then half the SIZE of a pound of fat!!... im 195 pounds and almost in a size 12!!(14's are big now).. so yeah... Honestly I feel good now.. and will continue to lift weights/workout and loose the 'weight' pounds wise'.. but im using it "the scale" only as a guide/estimate of my sucess.. NOT all of it...

Replies

• ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    You are so right girl! I almost would wish we didn't have tickers on MFP!! :flowerforyou: