Any success stories of 50 pounds?

Options
Does anyone have success stories of losing 50 pounds?, and how long did it take? Any tips? :) Thanks

Replies

• Ashiieepuff
    Options
    Last September I weighed the most I ever had at 160. Today I fluctuate between 118 and 120. My goal weights 115. So, that's about 45 pounds and m almost there. Took me a little over a year and I wasn't too serious about it at first. My profile picture is of me halfway, at 140, and then also at 120 last week. Feel free to add me if you'd like! I've been eating healthily for the past 4 months and the weight has come off much quicker!

Oh, and I'm 5'3 and 21, which may have an affect on ow weight loss and appearance goes.

Btw, welcome and good luck! :)
  • snickelfritzzz
    Options
    bump
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I lost 48 lbs in 2011 from the middle of April until the beginning if October. I then discovered that I was pregnant with our 5th. :blushing:

I delivers the caboose on May 25, 2012 and lost 54 lbs between May 25th and September 17th. I've been struggling with a 7pbs plateau gain (gain 7, lose 4, gain 3, lose 4, etc.). I finally jumped back into it on January 2nd and as of Thursday this past week was back at 54 lbs lost.

I want to lose another 40 lbs before my birthday in September.
  • lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In June 2012 I realized that I reached my highest weight and I was so unhappy and unhealthy. I decided to turn my life around with my eating and with exercising. I cut back on the sweets and worked out like for 2 to 3 hours a day. It is now almost 7 1/2 months later and I down 83.8 pounds. Good luck to you!
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started at 245, started logging at 220. My goal weight was 170, hit that and kept going. Got down to 157. the correct weight for my height. Thats a loss of 88 pounds, but I felt 157 was to light, so with weight training and using my food intake correctly, I am back at 178. I try to maintain between 170 and 175, darn hard to do when you like to eat.:smile:
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I start in January of 2012 at 225 pds. I reached my 50 pd goal in Sept of 2012. I simply ate healthier-- not less, just healthier--- and I made a point to break a sweat daily- whether is was from walking, bike riding, etc. Eat better - move more-- that's the key! Good luck!:smile:
  • tweishap
    tweishap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have success stories of losing 50 pounds?, and how long did it take? Any tips? :) Thanks

Journey began Feb 2012 and today I'm down about 70 pounds. I started slow and learned about nutrition along the way... I try to incorporate lots of veggies and protein into my diet. Foods I avoid: bread or butter or mayo or sugar. I love to cook so I try new and low cal recipes all the time. It's more fun to cook with all the colors of veggies! Don't touch processed food like frozen dinners or boxed food like hamburger/tuna helpers so I avoid these as well. I've got about 30 more pounds to go to reach goal weight! Into year two and loving my new lifestyle...oh yeh, its not a diet....its adapting to a new lifestyle.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in dec of 2010 and that scared me enough to get serious about my weight. Highest was 290 and creeping towards the 300's. i became very disciplined about my sugars and diet and it started to drop fairly consistently lost about 30 lbs. Then the summer of 2011 my son came home to live for a while and my eating plan went out the door. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose either. Ice cream, fish fries, etc should not have been on my diet:angry:

I refocused after he left in Nov of 2011 and joined my local gym. They have a competition size pool and swimming was easiest on my joints. I am now down a total of 53 lbs and at least that many more to go. I've gotten stuck at times, gone up and down 2 or 3 (never more than that) but i refuse to buy bigger, only smaller sizes. I let my brain mess with my goals but i am still happy with the progress, slow and steady as it may be. I can't remember the last time I was in a size 18. But I want to know what a size 14 or 12 feels like, even if it takes another 6 months to a year. :wink:

My Dr is happy my numbers are going down, BP, A1C, cholesterol, etc. I decided to see a nutritionist because I needed a new focus on what I am eating, and now that the holidays are over, its working again! This site has been a lifeline when i get discouraged, and supporting others also helps me to see there is a way!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I started at 238lbs during September 2011.
    I hit 50lbs lost in the middle of December 2012.

I've found the only advice I can offer you is KEEP GOING. I've had long plateaus, I've had binges, I've had weeks where I have eaten nothing but takeout food and gained weight back (writing my dissertation last summer) but I have also:

Finished Jiillian's 30 Day Shred
    Finished couch to 5K twice
    Run two 5k races (finishing the second one in 33 minutes)
    Lost more than TWO AND A HALF FEET OF EXTRA ME (I measure my inches every few months, more often if the scale isn't budging)
    Gone from around a 16 in shirts to a 12 (UK sizing)
    Gone from around a 20 in jeans to a 16 (UK sizing) (this I can only actually guess at, I haven't bought any new jeans, yet!)
    My moods are more even, I care more about myself and I'm generally a much nicer person for having an exercise routine.

I've just started the final phase of Slim in 6 on DVD, so my current motivation is to finish that!

Don't see everything in terms of the scale. Trust me, the scale WILL drop, but it's totally UP TO YOU how much fun you let yourself have getting there. Set goals unrelated to your weight. Increase your fitness, challenge yourself to start something and go ALL the way with it!

YOU ARE MUCH MORE THAN A NUMBER ON A SCALE.
  • beautyandabeat12
    Options
    Your success is great, and you all look great! I hope you do well on your journey!! :smile:
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70lbs (I weighed in at 181 this morning) over 2 years. I lost most of it, I'd say 50lbs within the first 6 months but I then got lazy and had a few setbacks. I'm back on track now and have lost 20lbs in the past 2-3 months.

latestbeforeandafter.jpg
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70lbs (I weighed in at 181 this morning) over 2 years. I lost most of it, I'd say 50lbs within the first 6 months but I then got lazy and had a few setbacks. I'm back on track now and have lost 20lbs in the past 2-3 months.

latestbeforeandafter.jpg

Nice, keep it up, your looking great!
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    took me from July to about november now on to my next 50.

for me: I was at 1200 calories, ate that, and also watched my sugars and definately my sodium. (I do best at 1500)
    but, ate the same foods I always ate, only less. and tried to stay away from fast food, but, if I wanted it I had it but its so high in sodium.

I walked for exercise.

8 glasses of water a day.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    August 27, 2012 until now.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs since July 2012. I dropped all grains, all sugars, processed foods...started eating a low carb, high fat clean paleo diet. I stopped drinking wine with dinner every night and my weekly trip to the pub for drinks with friends. Started exercising--I train with kettlebells and lift heavy weights. I also walk everywhere. That's about it, I guess!

It's not been a struggle for me at all...I just sort of made those changes and have stuck with them, save the random indulgence here and there. I really enjoy the way I eat, love my workouts, and have just felt SO MUCH BETTER in pretty much every way you could imagine. I've steadily lost weight and have changed the composition of my body a whole lot in a very short period of time.
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Here's my before and during at 61.5lb lost. I've lost an extra 6lb since.

24720160_831.jpg

It took me 2 years to get off the first 50lb, but to be fair for most of that I wasn't really trying very hard. It has taken 6 months to get off the last 17lb, and that has been working hard. Most people don't take as long as I did, but if you're like me and you lose sloooooow just keep at it, you'll get there in the end.
  • Chula1962
    Options
    Well done to all of you !!! I am looking forward to looseing my first 10 pounds !
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Lost over a 100+ and have kept it off for a few years. Be consistent.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

I've lost over a 100lbs ... started May 2012
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Link to my complete story right here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/837168-exactly-1-year-later-pics

But in summary, I took my first kickboxing class on January 4, 2012. I then spent the next year, exactly 12 months, pushing my body to its limits with fierce determination. I had struggled with my weight ever since puberty hit, and I had tried to diet and form exercise regimens many, many times. Each time failed in the past. This time was different, and on January 4, 2013, I had my final weigh-in. These are my stats:

Start:
    160 lbs.
    approx. size 18/XL
    42"-37"-42"

Goal achieved:
    109 lbs.
    approx. size 6/M
    33.75"-27"-34.5"

As of today, I have lost additional weight, inches, and body fat %. I am currently focused on building muscle with heavy lifting to further reduce my stubborn belly fat so that I can finally see my abs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!