Goal Tattoos

Options
Hbazzell
Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
When I finally get to my goal I want to get a tattoo on my hip/lower stomach because I could never show that part of me off before.Does anyone have any tat ideas for reaching your goal? I am not sure what I want to get.

Replies

• allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I once saw the Pink Panther leaning with his back up against the wall, ankles crossed, smoking a cigarette in one of those long cigarette holders. It was only about 2" but I thought it looked awesome.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely idea but would recommend not to get something done just cause another has said so if you don't no probably hold off and a tattoo is a great idea but there are many more other ways to celebrate you reaching your goal for long time you felt like you couldn't show your stomach area so would hide it but now your getting close to your goal you want to cover it with a tattoo and hide it again be happy within the beauty of your own skin first and learn to love yourself as vain as that may sound then once you have done that I very much doubt your want a tattoo but then if you so then go for it just make sure you do lot of research my friend

For me tho reaching my goal would be celebrating everyday little thinks really like when an old friends sees me and asks me for fitness tips and few years ago I was that guy that makes me feel amazing but ill be going on holiday end of the year so lot of walking about few vest few roofless moments that is me celebrating :)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    A celtic butterfly across my back...it represents transformation, inspiration and rebirth.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got mine during my journey to help remind me of the changes that I have made. So that every time I look in the mirror I remember where I came from and where I am headed. I wanted this time to be the last time so needed that visual reminder to stay on track and to never give up. I got a butterfly with some other meaningful stuff weaved in. Butterfly represents change, new beginnings, etc. And I think it's perfect.

I also want to get one down the side of my midsection when I hit goal but haven't decided exactly what yet. I suggest doing some research and make it something meaningful to you. What do you want it to represent?
  • Hbazzell
    Options
    I have two others already and I am planning a big one on my back that has meaning to me but not specific to this goal. This goal is about confidence to me and about having control of my life. I am looking for symbols of being confident/loving yourself. I have struggled with self esteem really bad my whole life (as many do) and it wasn't just weight related. I am just looking for somethign to be a reminder to not go back to hating myself and eating to cover up emotions.
  • Hbazzell
    Options
    I like the butterfly idea, I love butterflies but since a lot of people have them I don't want that to devalue the meaning. Another woman told me she got a phoenix. I like that idea too (plus I am huge harry potter fan) so I have thought of that too.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'd like a Maltese cross on my chest, my wife said she'd get the same but smaller as well which gave me a little more willpower - especially as, you know, the tattoo is done with a nee.......*faints*
  • LiveTheLifeYouWillLove
    Options
    Google or Pinterest can help you find images of "breaking the cycle", "break the chains", metamorphosis(butterfly), transformation, etc. Make yourself a folder to keep all of your ideas in. Take the ideas to the tatoo artist and see what they can come up with!
  • Swedgen
    Swedgen Posts: 29
    Options
    I've been flirting with the idea of getting another tattoo for awhile but I want something that has "meaning" and I just wasn't sure what that was. But this thread has given me an idea, and something to look forward to. Thanks!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The butterfly I want is very different than what you typically see. The detail in the wings will be my children's astrological signs....I've given them all celtic names....with celtic knots in flames below the butterfly...licking up at the butterfly to represent the emergence from chaos....
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    My favorite animal is a snow leopard, would like to get one on my ankle, and since they have those long beautiful tails, want to have it with the snow leopard sitting and the tail wrapped around my ankle
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have one on m wrist! I got it when I recently lost 100 lbs. It's a butterfly with 100# underneath it. The butterfly represents a new lease of life. I gained some of my weight back due to surgery and am now back on track. The tattoo means so much to me and I don't ever regret getting it. Add me and you can see it on my pictures. Another goal of mine is to hit Onederland. (Under 200 lbs.) Once I do, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo for that! 28 lbs to hit that goal! Upward and Onward!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I am planning to get a tattoo when I reach my goal weight. I have an idea of what I want. I'm thinking something with music notes because I love music! I have 6 tats and they all have meaning to me.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I've often thought along these lines but I think I'd either go huge and get my back covered (never would whilst fat! )

can
    you
    imagine!
    Nah!
    or really tiny somewhere only me and hubby see

OR I could get something written all tiny on my tum which only expanded if I started putting on weight!!!

stopeatingcake
    > S T O P E A T I N G C A K E ! hmmmmmmmmm:drinker:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting anther tattoo when I reach my goal- maybe something with a bike chainring or Sur la Plaque
  • TruScorpio169
    TruScorpio169 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider getting a really meaningful quote. I'm getting one about strength on my rib cage when I reach my goal. I found it on Fb yesterday and it was just like that's the one, it's perfect! So maybe you might want to go with something about strength and perseverance. You can go to quotegarden.com and find hundreds of quotes organized by category. Hope this helps!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have 2 planned, one in the next few weeks and the second when I reach goal. The 1st one I'm getting is a saxophone with a halo on my inside wrist. This is for my Dad who passed 5 years ago and was an amazing singer and musician.

The 2nd will be on my back (kind of on the side) and is a lily with my twins birthdate morphing into the stem.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    As a writer I'm considering getting my main characters' names or profiles done on my back when I reach my goal. And I'm totally getting my bellybutton pierced. But that's still like a year or so away.
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    I always liked Zodiac symbols or chineas letters. Get something special for you