Chicken Parmesan too easy and good to not share!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• regina1006
    regina1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'll be trying this....looks very yummy!
  • nicky732
    Options
    MMM, that looks delicious! Will definately try this...:)
  • CakePlate
    CakePlate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That looks so good I cannot even believe the calorie count! Thank you for sharing!
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Thanks for sharinv. Chicken Parm is one of my favorites.
  • selandia
    Options
    bump
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FeeeeMarieeee
    FeeeeMarieeee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • sura987
    sura987 Posts: 30
    Options
    I made this and my family loved it!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have the hardest time cooking for myself (low calorie/low fat) and for my family...and this recipe was great!! Thanks again.
  • ferrahcn
    Options
    Bump
  • sonjawilliams53
    Options
    sounds good! Thanks!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bumping - looks great! Thank you for taking the time to share!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    photo7_zpsca332f17.jpg

I love yummy food. Period. I crave it. And chicken Parmesan is one food I crave, but it's usually such a messy pain to make, and forget restaurants, you can eat like 3 bites if you want to stay within your calorie goal. But this version is super easy, uses only 2 pans, and takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. It's my own creation, but I'm sure there are similar ones out there.

The breakdown:
    chickenparmmeal_zpsa51a6a5e.png

If cooking for 2, just double everything except the flour/Parmesan cheese mixture because it is enough to dredge 2 chicken breasts.

To make it:
    Start a pot of water boiling, weigh out 1 oz of spaghetti noodles (I use barilla whole wheat)
    heat skillet to medium heat (I have a gas stove, adjust as necessary for electric)
    Mix 1 tbs flour and 1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese on a paper plate
    rinse a trimmed boneless/skinless chicken breast under running water (the ones I buy are usually about 4.5 oz raw, but I always weigh it to make sure)
    immediately dredge the chicken in the flour/parm mixture
    spray a 1 second spray of olive oil pam into the skillet just about the size of your chicken breast, let it heat up a second or 2, put chicken on top of it.
    Add noodles to boiling water
    grate 1oz (I just do it onto my digital food scale) of part-skim milk mozzarella cheese
    turn the chicken (about 4 minutes on each sides if it is thin or you have pounded it thin)

twittle your thumbs

move the chicken over to the side in the skillet and add 1/2 cup of Classico fire-roasted tomato and garlic sauce to the other side, stirring until warm

Drain noodles, put on the plate
    put chicken on the plate
    pour sauce over top of chicken and noodles
    add cheese to top
    pop it in the microwave for about 30 sec to melt the cheese

Eat. Don't burn your tongue.

Get hubby to wash the dishes.

Hope you enjoyed!

355 calories total:

Carbs: 38
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 23
    Sodium (I didn't add any salt): 616
    sugar: 6

....this is based off the totals after I entered all the ingredients.
    Thanks and for the nutrition info as well.:wink: If anyone likes to cut down a bit on sodium, Trader Joe's makes a fantastic no sodium Marinara Sauce that would work great with this. It would still have lots of flavor because of the cheese etc. that also have some salt in it. I'll let you know when I try this...
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Marianna05
    Marianna05 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I made this and my family loved it!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have the hardest time cooking for myself (low calorie/low fat) and for my family...and this recipe was great!! Thanks again.

Glad y'all liked it!