7 MONTHS - PALEO DIET - Slightly NSFW (underwear pics)

Options
foxggren
foxggren Posts: 33 Member
I stopped calorie counting at the end of August and switched to the Paleo diet. It changed my life:

Height: 5'7"
Starting weight: 160
Current weight: 135

The Paleo diet is the absolute key/secret/trick to weight loss. I promise you, it's virtually all you need to do!

May 2012 on the left - January 2013 on the right:

Replies

• DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    wow! you look fantastic. What exactly is paleo diet? I suspect I am on the same nutrition and don't even realize it. I am gluten, dairy, sugar, and salt free.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Can't argue with the results, congrats!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    amazing job. i'm 5'7 and haven't seen to many other 5'7 ladies around the weight I want to be. you look fabulous.
  • foxggren
    Options
    @DestroyTheOpp

Yup, it's very similar. The biggest part is cutting out grains - CORN, WHEAT and SOY. That's right - even whole wheat is bad!!

Pasta, bread, cereal, rice, etc. - We have waaaaaay too much of it in our diet. And our bodies require 0 of it.

Cut that stuff out and stick to MEAT (grass-fed, not corn-fed), VEGETABLES, FRUIT and NUTS and you will see the pounds melt off and your overall health and well being improve drastically. It's especially nice because you drop weight immediately. The first week is usually 10lbs and then starts to level out.
  • foxggren
    Options
    Thanks Maidofmer!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Yup, it's very similar. The biggest part is cutting out grains - CORN, WHEAT and SOY. That's right - even whole wheat is bad!!

Pasta, bread, cereal, rice, etc. - We have waaaaaay too much of it in our diet. And our bodies require 0 of it.

Cut that stuff out and stick to MEAT (grass-fed, not corn-fed), VEGETABLES, FRUIT and NUTS and you will see the pounds melt off and your overall health and well being improve drastically. It's especially nice because you drop weight immediately. The first week is usually 10lbs and then starts to level out.

That is exactly what I do. So I am paleo and didn't even realize it. haha! Thanks! You are right about the loss... I was in a three month plateau and made the commitment to my changes.... boom! Down 18 pounds.
  • foxggren
    Options
    So awesome!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Its great to see your results! I have to go Gluten free and i have pcos so cutting out grains and eating paleo is best for me anyway. Hopefully in the next few months i will see results similar to yours. You look amazing!
  • Hakarn
    Hakarn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Think of the hunter/gathering era of humans. That is the essence of a paleo diet. It is a lot of raw, uncooked, vegetables, nuts and fruit. I do not know everything about it, but the really strict paleo diet is having handfuls of the raw things during the day and then a big meal with mostly meat at dinner. Sort of if you were out hunting, you would just be eating foraged things during the hunt and then you have the big game brought back to the village at dinner.

OP: nice work, keep it up!
  • foxggren
    Options
    You will see them Micahroni84!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    How is it different than "no carb" diet though? Is it because you can eat any vegetables and fruits that you want?
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    You look great!!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Wow, you looked way better at 160 than I do! Congrats on your success :flowerforyou: I started eating Primal about a week ago and I'm very close to your starting weight and height. I hope to see results this good! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Excellent results I just started paleo to help blow through my plateau!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    How is it different than "no carb" diet though? Is it because you can eat any vegetables and fruits that you want?

The typically "low carb" diet, such as Atkins only allow 20 carbs/day as far as I know. The Primal plan I'm following right now suggests 50-100g for weight loss and 100-150g for maintenance, though it's an average so you can definitely go over and under. Can you even eat 0 carbs and be ok?
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I swear by Paleo/Primal. I've lost 25 lbs this month, and my boyfriend has dropped 42. I used to have pretty regular heartburn - it's gone. We both felt tired and sluggish a lot of the time - now I haven't had a midday nap in weeks. I feel better, I'm losing weight, and I'm so much more conscious of what I put in my body. It's a fantastic way to live.
  • hamonk
    hamonk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    YAY a Paleo success story! You look great!

I actually had to start counting calories while eating Paleo because I wasn't losing any weight - and it turns out I wasn't eating ENOUGH. It's easy to feel full on meat and veggies!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Paleo/Primal isn't purposely no carb, or even low-carb. It ends up being that way because of what you eat (unless you 20 pieces of fruit a day), but it isn't the goal.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Cool! You look awesome and healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!