7 MONTHS - PALEO DIET - Slightly NSFW (underwear pics)

Options

Replies

• justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    awesome job! :) you look amazing!
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    You look amazing! I am seeing more and more people eating Paelo/primal and having tons of success. I think it is definately something that I (lover of all things pasta, bread, and baked goods) need to look into!
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Think I will try this!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!

I tried Paleo in the past, but I missed so many foods that are off the list (dairy, wine, grains..etc.)
    I still eat lots of good fats, pastured meats, veggies, fruits and I am happy.

I think Paleo is excellent, but not for everyone.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! What's the difference between eating clean and paleo?
  • hidee89
    hidee89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've always heard about this diet and was a little skeptical of it at first. You've inspired me to try it out! I'm currently where you were when you first started out at 5' 7" and 160 lbs. Hopefully I can get to where you are soon with this diet :)!
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! Makes me want to try Paleo!
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I stopped calorie counting at the end of August and switched to the Paleo diet. It changed my life:

Height: 5'7"
    Starting weight: 160
    Current weight: 135

The Paleo diet is the absolute key/secret/trick to weight loss. I promise you, it's virtually all you need to do!

May 2012 on the left - January 2013 on the right:

You look amazing. well done. Even your cat and dog can't take their eyes off you!
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!! You look great! I've dropped around 10lbs being paleo and have more energy and clearer skin than ever before.
  • AnnieTaylor2
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!! Someone on here says she wasn't eating enough which is, I believe, what I'm guilty of too! I know you say you didn't count calories, but appox how many do you think you ate per day? I'm doing Atkins now and eating about 1100 calories, but feel like I can just tweak a little bit and move more toward Paleo. Did you work out much too? Thanks for you time!!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Is this something I can do off and on? I love dairy and grains! Do you ever have cheat meals that include these items?
  • Bumbeen
    Options
    Is this something I can do off and on? I love dairy and grains! Do you ever have cheat meals that include these items?

You generally do not want to cheat with grains. Gluten causes a host of problems, a few of which lead to increased appetite. It isn't like something you can eat once a week and still receive benefit. Dairy is a bit borderline for a lot of folks, I still eat it myself.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Can someone please tell me if you can have any sweets at all once in a while on paleo?
    Or if you do eat some grains , sometime, will that make you gain weighty?
    ThAnk you
  • Bumbeen
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Can someone please tell me if you can have any sweets at all once in a while on paleo?
    ThAnk you

You can eat all the candy you want. Calories determine weight gain/loss. (Though try to limit fructose to 30-50g/day depending on your weight)

Eating grains will no make you gain weight, calories will. Grains will just make it more difficult, your appetite will be higher than it should, you will be more prone to autoimmune diseases and you will have a less nutrient rich diet. The stuff is just bad.

Paleo is not necessarily a weight loss diet, it is an optimum health diet. I eat paleo when i'm trying to GAIN weight. Though it is incredibly expensive......
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    ThAnk you

You can eat all the candy you want. Calories determine weight gain/loss. (Though try to limit fructose to 30-50g/day depending on your weight)

Eating grains will no make you gain weight, calories will. Grains will just make it more difficult, your appetite will be higher than it should, you will be more prone to autoimmune diseases and you will have a less nutrient rich diet. The stuff is just bad.

Paleo is not necessarily a weight loss diet, it is an optimum health diet. I eat paleo when i'm trying to GAIN weight. Though it is incredibly expensive......
    Thank you!!!
    I am very tempted to research more and try to follow!
    But weekends with family would be impossible for me...
    So I guess Mon through Fri !
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, however it is BS to say Paleo is all you need. I've seen results like yours by eating a balanced diet with heavy lifting, so I know I can eat what I like without being restrictive and get the results. Paleo is a way, not THE way.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I would love to do this not only for weight loss, but it must be just soooo good for you.

I don't think I could stick at it forever though..... I like bread a lot!! :(
  • stormynytes4ever
    stormynytes4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm still a good ways off from topless torso result pics, but your success is definately a good reason for me to stick with it! :)
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!