special k

Options
has anyone tried the 'lose 6 pounds in two weeks' plan? did you like it? did you actually lose weight? i was thinking of trying this out but of course it wouldn't be long term just probably the two weeks. just looking for some input. thanks

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    I actually started this whole health journey with that plan. I've modified it some (b/c i only like one kind of the cereal - the blueberry one), but the basic idea behind it is good. I lost about 6 pounds in my first 2 weeks, so yeah - I'd say go for it!

Now, I eat some kind of healthy cereal (either Special K or Cheerios) in the morning, usually some kind of fruit mid-morning, and then a protein shake for lunch (all 3 flavors are REALLY good!)....and then I just watch what I eat for dinner.

Good luck!
  • Killeen_bride2be
    Options
    So all you have to do in order to loose the 6lbs is to eat a healthy cereal for breakfast, fruit for brunch then a protein shake for lunch and a healthy dinner? Would Fiber one count as a healthy cereal and what is your recommendations for the dinner? Please do not say fish though(I hate it)
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    i also kicked off *well tried to* my plan with the special K challenge.. on day 2 i forgot and made myself and egg sandwich.. (only 280 cals so not bad) the thing is to eat a low sugar cereal.. Kashi is very good also! as long as i have an apple im good.. the cereal does not fill me up though.. but i am giving it a try.. back to it tomororw only on day 3..
  • RunLillian
    RunLillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I tried the Special K diet but realized the portions were too small and I was hungry 2 hrs later! A guy I worked with suggested eating Oatmeal and adding some chocolate protein powder on top (not a lot, just about a quarter scoop to give it flavor) MUCH better than putting brown sugar on the top : ) But he lost about 10 lbs doing that with his workout and I'm happy to say it helped me kick start my diet as well. It offers a lot of fiber and holds me over until my mid morning snack. Hope this helps!
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I love their cereal bars. They're great for whenever I'm craving something sweet.