Pounds Lost vs. Pant Size?

Options
13-14 pounds down and haven't lost a full pant size? Does this seem right? I know I am smaller and do not have much to lose but I figured I would be seeing a larger difference in my size 9 pants. I have been trying very hard but I really do not see a difference in my body at all. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i think it was around that when i noticed a bit of a difference. my pants were looser but i think it was when i changed my my exercise and started losing inches not lbs is when i saw the biggest change...
  • mdigiac
    mdigiac Posts: 34
    Options
    Were you truly in that size to start, or just making that size fit you? Usually I think 15-20lbs is a size.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18lbs so far, and I'm nearly to the next size, but not quite yet! :(
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 pounds total and I am still in a size 16. They were tight when I started and they are loose now. But I still don't fit comfortably in a size 14. It seems my weight is coming off everywhere except my waist line.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on how much you weighed originally, how your body is shaped, and how the clothing is cut. I lose shirt sizes much faster than pants because I'm pear-shaped.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have found I do not loose pounds and inches at the same time. First I loose a bit of weight then I may not loose much for a week but suddenly my clothes are looser. After a week or so then I will start dropping pounds again.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You are probably losing the weight elsewhere... Take pictures so you can compare and measure different areas of your body so you can see where the inches are coming off.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body proportions. The first time I went down a size was after 12 pounds. Just recently I only dropped 7 pounds and went down a size. Not sure if the weight lifting is responsible for that but it was nice.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs so far and I'm actually a size smaller... I'm killing inches but most in my thighs and my belly yay...
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Well, I've lost 48 pounds and I've lost about 2.5 sizes. So, my average is 20 pounds per size.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Pants sizing is freakin tricky. There is no standard sizing across brands, and then throw in all the different cuts and its impossible to know what size you are. I was a size 20 at Lane Bryant, now I can wear a size 14 in their jeans, but their 14 dress pants are tight. When I tried to shop Gap or Target I was between size 16 and 18. That's with a 32 lb loss.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Go by your actual inches naked. Put them in "check in", add more if you like (they allow that). Then check them once a month or so. I lost more inches with weight training/stregnth training.

Zumba was the beginning of my middle shrinking, 30 day shred was the fine tuning all over shrinking inches. And now I'm finding running has made some places that were never small, smaller. When i'm not running I notice that is my bloat up areas. Change up the exercise, and do some actual measurements. If you aren't exercising, then remember that diet will make you lose weight, exercise will make you look good in your clothes. Even when I didn't change inches my clothes did fit differently with exercise and changing up my exercise.

The person that said "were you really that pant size" is correct. Also, all clothes are made differently. I'm in a size 6, but have a pair of 8's that fit, as well because they are super stretchy so they shrank with me.

Now that i'm running for a while i've noticed some parts of me are actually starting to grow in inches. Not in a bad way. I lost my weight in my butt, but now i'm gaining a "real" butt and some side/hip muscles.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Were you truly in that size to start, or just making that size fit you? Usually I think 15-20lbs is a size.

for some, for me when i hit a 20 lb loss i went from a 11 to a 3-5 in juniors
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If you carry your weight in your midsection, you may lose in other places first. It took me almost 30 pounds to get down a full pant size, but I went down 2 top sizes, then 2 pounds later I went down 2 more inches in my waist. I also lose weight first, then inches after, as well. I lose in my face, arms and legs, then hips and upper body, then FINALLY the belly! It is frustrating, but just be patient. It will eventually show.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i've lost 45lbs and two sizes. i think its different for everyone, depending on where you lose the weight from
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love this topic because I am in the EXACT same boat. I have lost almost 20lbs and according to my measurements I have only lost like a half inch in my waist and an inch around my thighs. The only real loss ive had is around my neck!! WTF!! This week especially I have felt very frustrated about not loosing a pant size. This topic is why I decided to join the message boards!! I need help staying motivated while my belly doesn't seem to want to shrink!
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    41 pounds and 2 sizes, from a tight 16 to a comfortable 12 (US sizes)
  • mamabarton
    Options
    You lose the newest fat you gained first... the last place your body laid fat is the first place it comes off... it was hard for me to grasp at first. Ive lost 4 pant sizes in 15 pounds, went from a tight 12 to a size 6 and they are finally getting loose!!! but the first 30 pounds barely budged the pant size, keep on keeping on!! Its what is right!!! never give up.. never surrender.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on how tall you are. I'm 6'2 and have lost 56lbs since July and I'm only down 3 sizes.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you carry the most weight. I carry the most around my middle so it takes more exercise for me to work off even the slightest bit of middle weight. So far, I've dropped from a size 14 to a 10. But I can't fit into all 10s, it depends on the store. My legs can fit into smaller sizes that I've had sitting around my closet for years, but I can't button/zip them at the top, so I can't wear them yet. It's frustrating, but it's motivation to work harder at it.