Cannot STAND to be hungry!!!!!!

Options
In the past 2 weeks I have made a discovery. I have found that I worry about using all of my calories early in the day only left to be hungry for the duration. So I am careful all day eating enough to not be hungry, but conserving calories to make sure I have enough to last through the day. Then I find that at the end of the day I am doing everything I can to make sure I am not under 1200 calories for the day.

Being hungry and not having calories left is one of my biggest fears because I absolutely HATE being hungry. Anyone else deal with this? If you do, what do you do?

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I, too, hate to be hungry. Tea has helped - flavorful tea. I sip it at work and it distracts me from being hungry because I have a taste in my mouth and something warm in my belly.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
  • sarahfashion861
    sarahfashion861 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    drink a lot of water makes me feel full!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options

I second this. 1,200 calories would make me into a bear...a very angry bear.
    I tend to save some of my calories for the later evening, if I want a snack before bed or something.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

This - you need to eat more, in my opinion. Then you won't worry about being hungry
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If you're truly hungry, eat. Are you eating healthy food? Add protein (like egg whites, nuts, beans, greek yogurt, etc.) to your breakfast, lunch and snacks, it'll keep you from getting hungry so quick. I eat more food, bulkwise, now than I did before I started counting cals, so I'm not near as hungry as I was when I ate whatever I wanted.
    If you have any, eat some of your exercise calories. If you don't have exercise calories, make some! You'll still lose weight and it'll be easier on your mind, knowing you can eat..
  • lmcadam2
    Options
    I agree with drinking tea or warm water with lemon. Sometimes I also chew gum which seems to help as well
  • tsellar29
    tsellar29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME problem..until I realized something quite obvious that you can do! PRE-PLAN!
    What I do is think about what improbably,going to eat for each meal if I can, or just breakfast and lunch...and then play around with it while eating breakfast like I input a snack I REALLy want to fit in to my day and see how many calories I still have to work with if I do...or if I'm worried about going out for a meal with people, guess what you may have, work with what's left for the rest of the day...you can always change everything repeatedly all day! It's totally worth the extra w mins and it's kind f fun too, it's like your calories are MONEY and you are stretching them to see how much you can get!

I hope that helps you, maybe I'm weird. But I agree I HATE BEING HUNGRY SO MUCH...I need to eat every few hours.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Calories are not high enough. Use protein and fiber to keep you full. Warm drinks really help
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

She said she was making sure to be *over* 1200 calories. Her daily goal is over 1500.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

She said she was making sure to be *over* 1200 calories. Her daily goal is over 1500.

Yeah, and 1200 calories isn't much to go on. I just went off her words and didn't bother searching through her diary. Based on looking at that now and seeing her near-daily exercise, the link still stands. *Shrug.*
  • ginastone2
    ginastone2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had the SAME problem..until I realized something quite obvious that you can do! PRE-PLAN!
    What I do is think about what improbably,going to eat for each meal if I can, or just breakfast and lunch...and then play around with it while eating breakfast like I input a snack I REALLy want to fit in to my day and see how many calories I still have to work with if I do...or if I'm worried about going out for a meal with people, guess what you may have, work with what's left for the rest of the day...you can always change everything repeatedly all day! It's totally worth the extra w mins and it's kind f fun too, it's like your calories are MONEY and you are stretching them to see how much you can get!

I hope that helps you, maybe I'm weird. But I agree I HATE BEING HUNGRY SO MUCH...I need to eat every few hours.

I am the same way about having to eat every few hours!!!

Breakfast - I usually eat an egg on a slice of toast with a little bit of margarine along with a fruit or I'll eat yogurt, granola and fruit.

Snacks - I eat a lot of carrots and apples. Those seem to really fill me up.

Lunch - I tear up a whole stalk of romaine lettuce and add in some shredded carrots with a tbsp of ranch dressing. If I have some meat leftover from the night before, I will eat that also.

Water - I drink at least a gallon of water every day, sometimes a gallon plus a quart.

My calories are supposed to be between 1500 - 1800 each day. I find myself having to eat to get to 1200 because I conserved too much through the day. Part of the problem is that I eat so often through the day, that I am really NOT hungry. Which, for me, is a good thing. But, a bad thing because I feel like I am binge eating to make up the calories.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Read the roadmap.. 1200 calories is not enough.... if you're hungry it's because you aren't eating enough. Mine just dropped to 1460 or something because of the weight I lost already but with that and the calories I can eat back from exercise.. I am never hungry..I have to find stuff to eat to make my goal.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat more....for the amount of weight you want to lose, 1200 isn't enough to be eating.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Eat more food, it fixes being hungry...1200 calories is probably too low for you.
  • smilegrandmom
    smilegrandmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal has me set to eat 1200 calories and yes, I am hungry but I think the stomach begins to get used to it as well. Actually, the cure for this hunger is to exercize enough to earn more calories to be eaten! My sister walks about 5 miles a day now and that gives her hundreds of calories extra to eat....and she keeps losing weight without being hungry. Easy to say that this is the key but harder to do.
  • tsellar29
    Options

I am the same way about having to eat every few hours!!!

Breakfast - I usually eat an egg on a slice of toast with a little bit of margarine along with a fruit or I'll eat yogurt, granola and fruit.

Snacks - I eat a lot of carrots and apples. Those seem to really fill me up.

Lunch - I tear up a whole stalk of romaine lettuce and add in some shredded carrots with a tbsp of ranch dressing. If I have some meat leftover from the night before, I will eat that also.

Water - I drink at least a gallon of water every day, sometimes a gallon plus a quart.

My calories are supposed to be between 1500 - 1800 each day. I find myself having to eat to get to 1200 because I conserved too much through the day. Part of the problem is that I eat so often through the day, that I am really NOT hungry. Which, for me, is a good thing. But, a bad thing because I feel like I am binge eating to make up the calories.
    Well, I'm glad I seem to get what you are saying ( it seems like a lot of ppl think you aren't eating enough...lol) umm...if you ever want to add me ahead..I think I eat a lot more food than you and I net about 1500 a day after exercise , and I'm eating mostly vegan...I say the more veggies and lean protein the more youmCAN eat ..and I always make sure I eat a little something delicious everyday, because frankly I can't stand not to! Lol I'm o pro at this yet, but it works for me to be able to say " I get to eat a chocolate pudding today...and I still have AAAALL these calories to eat healthy food" ...also if you have other friends on the app...you can set your diary/ food log to be visible to friends which I think is GENIUS - you can be held way more accountable and you can see what other ppl eat that are doing well!
  • tsellar29
    Options
    Anyway, try what I said. It really is fun! Once you input all your salad and breakfast and realize omg! I have soo many calories left...just check out your daily thingies like protein, calcium, iron etc..make sure you think you will get those properly and then just have fun "using up the rest" with a Kashi granola bar here...salsa and taco chips there....why not?!
  • NewMilf08
    Options
    eat smaller portions more times during the day eat 4 or 5 times a day with smaller meals
  • ginastone2
    ginastone2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok...I think some may have misread my post. I am NOT hungry throughout the day because I eat and drink water constantly. I wake up in the morning and have water beside my bed to start as soon as my feet hit the ground. I eat a good breakfast followed by frequent snacking on carrots, apples, strawberries, etc. Then I eat lunch which is usually a large salad with some protein or yogurt and granola. After that, I snack on fruits or veggies again if I need to to keep the hunger away. By the time supper comes along I have a TON of calories that I need to consume.