Day 1 was hard!

Options
I started my weight loss journey yesturday and it was hell. Along with working out, I'm doing the Special K Diet. I started off with a cup of Special K Chocolate Delight cereal (no milk) for breakfast and also for lunch. For dinner, I ate a bowl of Ramen Noodle Soup;Chicken Flavor. I didn't have any snack in between, but I didn't feel like I needed it. I felt good with the diet. Not like I felt hungry.

While Jazlene took her hour nap, I did "Jillian Michaels; 30 Day Shred - Level 1". That was 20 minutes long and it kicked my *kitten*. I can feel it in my legs so bad. I don't think I did the ab workout the right way cuz I feel nothing in that area. So I'm gonna try harder today. I danced around whiled I cleaned the house. lol So I put in some extra workout time.

I'm gonna check my weight in a month. I can't wait and so anxious to see if anything worked. I took before pictures, so I'll put those with the after up when all is done. If I lose at least 20lbs, I'll be ok with it and keep up with my diet and excercise routine. I'm also using "Thermogenic Hydroxycut Advanced" to help with my metabolism and burn more calories. Hopefully this all works.

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    That doesn't sound like very many calories especially working out and looks like you have a new baby....too personal, but if breast feeding, you need LOTS of calories.

Be sure to hit your target calories so you keep your bod fueled! Don't deny yourself food, just make it great choices.

*This episode of "my two cents" was brought to you by your friendly do-gooder-butter-inner MFP pal.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Be careful to eat your calories plus your exercise calories! I think I'd pass out if I ate that little. :smile:

Congrats! You're going to like MFP!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be eating more calories. For a great explanation, try looking up "starvation mode" or "eating exercise calories" on here. It's great that you're starting the shred though...I've heard great things about it but have yet to give it a try myself.

Just don't forget...don't give up! There will be sometimes when you might get discouraged...that is when you can hop on here for support. This is a great community and we all support each other.

Good luck...I know you can do it and you will feel GREAT!!!
  • Annie0316
    Annie0316 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey!
    Be careful with the Ramon noodles.. they pack a lot of sodium. Good luck!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider using whole grains, fresh produce, and protein. Packaged, prepared food is not healthy for you. Especially the sodium in Ramon Noodles, as the previous person noted.

I have read other posts of people doing that exercise program and they all said it was extremely hard the first day, but after 4 days, could do it without a problem.

Good luck! :smile:
  • writer190
    writer190 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    *This episode of "my two cents" was brought to you by your friendly do-gooder-butter-inner MFP pal.

I enjoyed it.

Also, Ramen have more calories that one would think. And that's not much protein. So yeah, I'd say more calories and more balanced. I think it's a common flaw for people on a diet to get a higher percentage of their daily calories from carbs than is desirable.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like very many calories especially working out and looks like you have a new baby....too personal, but if breast feeding, you need LOTS of calories.

Be sure to hit your target calories so you keep your bod fueled! Don't deny yourself food, just make it great choices.
    I've had better sucess eating 1,400 calories plus workout calories. Be careful not to starve yourself cause the weight won't come off at all if it thinks your starving it.
    Does the Special K chocolate cereal taste good? I've wanted to try it but its expensive. lol
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You should definately eat more. But the 30 day shred gets easier, you'll feel it tomorrow but it's not anything so horrible that you can't push through it. You can do it :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Please don't do these fad diets...they're not something you can maintain and will not teach you anything about eating. You might lose 10 lbs. in a week on this special K diet, but what will you have learned for the long term? Of course you're hungry...looks like you ate like 500 calories today :( If you follow the plan that MFP has laid out for you and just eat healthier foods, you can do it! I'm living proof that eating healthier and exercising can work. That's all I did...and I've lost! And congrats on starting the 30 Day Shred!! It's a good one :drinker:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    If I lose at least 20lbs, I'll be ok with it and keep up with my diet and excercise routine.

My question is, what happens if you "only" lose 10 lbs in a month? Will you give up and just figure that there is no way to lose the weight?

From your post, it doesn't sound like you are really asking for feedback from people, but we can't help it. :smile: The first day was hard because you are trying to starve yourself! I would be the crankiest b-word in the world if I only ate 700 calories! I'm going to echo most everyone else and say that The Special K Diet isn't going to provide you with nearly enough calories. This site already calculates the right calorie deficit for you so you should eat as close to that figure as you can and then also eat a little more on days when you work out.

Best of luck, but please don't burn yourself out by restricting yourself so much! It will harm you in the long run and your results will only be temporary.
  • cutesoxfan06
    Options
    Um, so I thought I was doing good and you guys brough me down big time. Thanks.
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think you are just misinterpreting everyone's advice. If I saw a carpenter pick up a screwdriver to hammer a nail in, I'd tell him to get the right tool for the job. That's kind of what people are saying here. Great start, great attitude! We all want you to succeed!

Don't starve yourself. If you are working out, you are entitled to eating those calories back. A realistic diet wouldn't expect you to survive on so little. Who would want to?