So frustrated!!!

Options
So I was 147lbs on week 1, then on week 2 the scale said 144lbs!!!!! But today come (3 days after weigh in) and I decide to step on the scale and what do I see - FREAKING 148LBS WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to know wtf is wrong with me and what do I really effing weigh??? I am trying on my skinny clothes - wore them when I weighted 139lbs. Why in the eff are they still tight? If Im only 5lbs from 139 or maybe I am acutally 8lbs from 139lb? I have no idea. All I know is I am pissed! Get the hell off my body FAT!!!! NOW!!!! Jesus!

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    stay away from the scales and only weigh once a week at the same each day wearing the same thing, scales set you up for disappointment if used daily
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself. your body fluctuates all the time, I can be up 2 pounds one day, down 3, than up 4... it all depends on what I eat, how much I eat, when i got to the bathroom what time of month it is, where the moon is situated in the sky and the how much of a gravitational pull there is on the earth.

Seriously... just stop, weigh yourself once a week and go with that. you put too much stock into a number - I have seen your posts (Multiple) they are all the same. Just stop.
  • ta2fan1975
    Options
    If you really wanna be accurate about your size, MEASURE! It's the best way to tell where you're losing and where your problem areas are! I don't trust scales either. I trust the way my clothes fit.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    throw your scale away and measure yourself (waist, hips, biceps, calves, thighs, neck, bust)
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Quit weighting yourself so much. Also, you need to watch your calories, fat, and sodium intake.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Dude, calm down. Unless you have eaten like 14,000, then it is only weight fluctuation. You are female, it happens. My body goes up and down every...single...day. Like 5 pounds or so sometimes. So relax! It is either your time of the month or water retention.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    looking at your diary, it could be sodium. drink 8 glasses of water the next few days to try to get rid of some of it. my fitness pal has it set at 2500, but, 1500 is better.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    So I was 147lbs on week 1, then on week 2 the scale said 144lbs!!!!! But today come (3 days after weigh in) and I decide to step on the scale and what do I see - FREAKING 148LBS WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to know wtf is wrong with me and what do I really effing weigh??? I am trying on my skinny clothes - wore them when I weighted 139lbs. Why in the eff are they still tight? If Im only 5lbs from 139 or maybe I am acutally 8lbs from 139lb? I have no idea. All I know is I am pissed! Get the hell off my body FAT!!!! NOW!!!! Jesus!

do you understand the difference between fat and water weight?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Thank you people! I will take all the advice. I do drink water but I just don't record it on here. Sodium intake is pretty good most days. Thanks.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Ive seen a few of your posts, and i really think you need to talk to someone about your feelings.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have begun a heavy lifting program - stick with it and put away the scale for a while. You'll see changes as long as you continue to challenge yourself and are honest with your logging. Scales be crazy, yo. I weighed 156.5 on Friday, 151lbs on Saturday and lord knows what I will weigh tomorrow. Just stick with your plan and it'll be okay. :P
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yelling at the scale?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Have you tried yelling at the scale?

I did that once and then my scale stopped working. Totally serious the next day the batteries died lol I felt bad for 30 seconds.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific reason for weighing a certain weight, the scale doesn't really matter. Just keep working until your clothes feel better and you're body looks the way you want it to look.

You're going to fluctuate for a multitude of reasons. Change in diet, exercise, water weight, etc, etc, etc.

Relax, eat at a deficit, exercise, and just wait for results. :flowerforyou:
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    IF you're going to weigh yourself (yeah, you don't have to throw out the scale. sheesh!), do it only once a week (or less often then that). Much like a science experiment, try to be sure all conditions are the same when you weigh yourself -- like time of day, what you're wearing (nekkid is best), etc. (I even make sure the scale is in the same spot ea. time -- I always put it away so I'm not tempted to step on it constantly). Your weight will fluctuate constantly (and seeing the gains can be frightening), but if you do everything you're supposed to do, and only weigh in weekly (or monthly, or whatever, so long as it is AT LEAST a week between weigh ins), you will see a loss. Small loss or big loss, doesn't matter. The scale will keep moving down, with the exception of the occasional plateau (it happens, don't fret).

Good luck.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Did you calibrate your scale??
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    try to measure yourself once a day at the exact same time and after the same routine. I like to weigh myself after I've gotten out of bed, after I use the restroom, but before I shower and wearing only my glasses. If I weigh a little less than I expect I drink a glass of water and check again. If a little too much, I wait to eat until I need to use the restroom again, then weigh again. The trick is getting everything just right before you weigh yourself. Some people also have superstitious routines that they like to use. I usually do a little dance.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Ive seen a few of your posts, and i really think you need to talk to someone about your feelings.

You are probably right! I have a serious thing about the way I look. Nothing is good enough. Just front cover of magazine - that is good to me but I know I'll never get that and yes it bothers me. Any imperfection on my body drives me! I try not to think about it but it's always there, I can see it!!!
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs the first few months and lost a pants size. Then I lost 12 lbs (the 10 plus 2) in a month. That was another (just one) pants size. Be patient.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The scale does the same thing to me so I just weigh myself on Saturdays and I make sure I do it after I work out on the cardio machines. Why not add chilling out exercise of some kind so you enjoy what you're doing? I like shooting hoops, walking, cardio machines, lifting weights, swimming with my kids and even standing watching one of mine do the horses. These things all count because you're not sitting on your butt. Along the way of adding more and more, I start to enjoy the process more and more. Add stuff you love. Post a photo of yourself doing something that sort of defines you. Don't worry about the scale.