BEST thing you've heard since losing!

Options
Hello little MyFitnessPals!

I saw a similar thread about the worst things someone has ever said to you about your weight. Whilst some people are empowered by negative emotions (striving to never feel them again), some are empowered by positive emotions, as they strive to feel that emotion more and more. Two different kinds of motivation, and whatever works for you, works. :smile:

What's the NICEST most WONDERFUL thing that has happened to you or that someone has said to you since you've started this journey?

Inspire everyone with what they can look forward to if they continue down this path! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tambarke
    Options
    Earlier this month my family went to Colorado on a ski trip. I didn't pre-register my ski rental, so I had to actually tell the guy at the counter my weight...out loud. When I said "236," he repeated back, "136?" I corrected him, and he was either an Oscar caliber actor or actually was surprised. He said "You totally don't look like you weigh that!"

He's now my favorite person, ever. If only I'd gotten his name. :)
  • sensitivegirl
    sensitivegirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a great topic! Good idea! The most motivating person in my life was an Aussie! He supported me through a big weight loss. One day, we decided to go on a hike up one very steep mountain path in the summer. There was a sign at the beginning of the hike warning of how difficult it would be, but I was ready for the challenge. He read the sign with me, turned to me and said with a wink "let's test drive this new body of yours". After hearing him say that, I realized he was right! My body was a new, stronger machine that would allow me to do many new things and experience wonderful new adventures. It was "aussome"!! :-)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I meet a lot of new people all the time. At some point, some one that knows me from when I was fat will tell my NEW friend that I was 250 pounds. The new friend will always approach me with amazement and does not believe how much weight I lost and have kept off.

Great feeling every single time it happens.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I like it when they ask "how did you do it?" and they are amazed at the simple answer of "watch what you eat, and exercise more"
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyy lovely happy stories!

I love the shocked/impressed comments from old and new friends, or even strangers... that's something I'm really looking forward to. You guys must al be so proud!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6kgs but have toned up a heck of alot & was legitimately blown off by a teammate the other day because she didn't recognise me! She came back and was like 'OMG you look amazing! The face was kinda familiar but I totally didn't recognise you!'. It makes me feel validated for putting in so much hard work these past 4 months :)
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oooh! and somebody said that I was a 'success story' haha, and I'm like 'I'm not finished yet!'
  • NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I visited my brother who's in the Air Force. We were at the bar of the hotel last week and some young good looking and Drunk! Airman called me a MILF. lol
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    someone told me I look like my own daughter since losing weight...awesome!!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My hubby likes to pick me up even though he has a bad knee and isn't supposed to lift anything heavier than 20 or 25 lbs. The other day he did this and I said, "No, put me down... I'm too heavy for you!" And he said, "Wow, you sure feel a lot lighter than you did before you started on that website."

I'm just getting started still and haven't lost THAT much, but it was lovely to hear. :wink:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few people say I have a glow about me now. I think I come across as a lot happier now.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Myself, today, when I looked in the mirror and for the first time ever was happy with what I saw
  • PlumNoodles
    Options
    Being told by my good friend I just look healthier and better in myself. Usually when people say "You can tell you've lost weight" Or try to compliment me I feel uncomfortable about it, but that made me feel really good. :)
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Your so beautiful!!
  • Goaskyourmother
    Goaskyourmother Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Saw a male friend whom I haven't seen for almost two years, he told me I looked 'hot, hot, hot!'
  • HGibbons1017
    Options
    Was getting out of the shower and my 9 yr old walks in, telling me something, asking for something (I can't exactly remember, but she was going a mile a minute), as she was walking out, she said "by the way mom, your breasts are getting smaller." I couldn't stop laughing, but apparently she noticed! And I'm thrilled to lose weight in that area, so total compliment to me!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Twice now, my aunt has been in the middle of a conversation with my mom that I was listening to, and she's stopped mid-sentence just to tell me how great I look and ask me how much weight I've lost, shaking her head in amazement. Never gets old.

A few weeks ago, I was at the restaurant we go to every Sunday for breakfast before church, and our waitress asked me how much weight I'd lost. I told her, of course, and that opened the opportunity to tell her about this site. The next Sunday, she had told another waitress about my weight loss, and the other waitress commented about how she could tell how much I've lost.

Gosh, I love when people notice!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    My doctor high-fived me! (okay, that's an action, but still)

My all time favorite is " I didn't even recognize you!" I've heard that one from a few different folks.

My second favorite "You look so HEALTHY."