Hydration: Water vs. Coke

Can you believe this....? Very interesting!!!

And this is not even about the sugar content!

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by

79% and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every

day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean.

The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:

Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt:

Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8. To remove grease from clothes:

Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will

help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches

calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

or Coke?

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Imagine what your stomach acid does to those same things, and you're full of that!
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Well I guess if its on the Internet, it must be true!
  • I'd like to have a glass of water pronto please. I gave up soda and diet soda a few weeks ago and it's the best decision I made. I bought a nice water bottle and sip out of it often!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    I'll take a diet pepsi!:love:
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    #7 didn't make me want to give up Coke, it just made me hungry.
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    67% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Imagine what your stomach acid does to those same things, and you're full of that!

exactly
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    lol
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    I was going to give up soda any way just have it occasionally on treat days so water please
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Yummmm, I'll have a Coke please!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    So, what you are telling me is that acid is acidic, and that concentrated acid is even more acidic?

That reminds me, someone needs to refill the coke zero in the work fridge . . .

Edit: By the way, I use vinegar to remove mineral deposits from electric kettles and faucet heads. I guess that means I shouldn't have vinegar either.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    snopes
    internet
    truth
    thermite paint
    soylent green
    fat makes you fat
    cabs make you fat
    muscle weighs more than fat
    carbs as an essential nutrient
    spot reduce fat
    toning
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    water, thank god coke makes me feel nauseous these days.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    I personally drink water as it makes me feel so much better. Had a diet coke for the first time in a month yesterday and it made me do a burb that made me unable to stand up straight for 2 minutes :P
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Why can't people just let others enjoy their pop? I rarely drink it, but only because I hate carbonation. But if you shake up a diet coke, and leave it on the counter for a few hours - I'll go to town!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    I must say that I LOVE Coke!!! I drank it everyday all day. I had to have it, so I thought. I made my mind up that I was going to put down the soda with all that sugar. It has been 2 weeks now and I can say that I am soda free! When I get to the level of fitness that I am aiming for, I might have a soda here and there but not going to make it my #1 drink. I have been drinking infused water with fruits and herbs! I really don't like like the taste of water. So if you are like me infuse your water!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    #2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

How does coke eat so slow? Anytime I have a T-Bone in the house it's gone within an hour.
  • bazman7323
    bazman7323 Posts: 24 Member
    Water, veg, nuts and fruit. Who'd want to live on that?

There's a reason we evolved, our food was rubbish.

Pepsi Max, burger and cheese please. But not today, I'll go over my calorie allowance.

p.s. All true what was said about the whater I think. Mostly rubbish about the coke though.
  • Shocking. I must admit I didn't know dehydration slows your metabolism. Just showed the girls in the office and we are all going to try and give up the diet coke and increase our water intake. Luckily I like water but I just got a pint glass instead of a small plastic cupful!