Jillian Micheal's 30 day Shred, Does it really work?

Options
Sometime this week I want to buy and start JM 30day shred and have a few question? I have heard that you can lose up to 20lbs in 30day.

Good or Bad? Do you recommend I even buy this or look into something else?

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done the full thing and lost that much or anything close to that? Or anyone have any success stories with this product?

thanks!

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's a kick butt work out, but each level is only about 20 minutes. I don't do it every day, only about 2 to 3 times a week. On my off days I walk/jog and I now started using her No More Trouble Zones work out to tone up a little more.

I've lost 20 pounds in 17 weeks.
  • whitney85
    whitney85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've done it off and on for a few months now and I love it.
    If you have Comcast you can try it out for free on OnDemand under ExerciseTV.
    I hope you like it!
    -Whitney
  • kendramorgan
    Options
    I've done it...and lost 14 lbs. My friend didn't have much weight to lose, she just toned up. She only lost like 2 lbs. but built up her muscles, so it really just depends on where you are. I personally think that you need more cardio than what she has on the video to lose the weight.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I did the whole 30 day program and continue to use it in my everyday exercise routine. I lost 28 of my 33 pounds using just 30 Day Shred and a little bit of walking. I started the end of Jan. and finished the end of March. I gave myself rest days every weekend for soreness.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Sometime this week I want to buy and start JM 30day shred and have a few question? I have heard that you can lose up to 20lbs in 30day.

Good or Bad? Do you recommend I even buy this or look into something else?

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has done the full thing and lost that much or anything close to that? Or anyone have any success stories with this product?

thanks!

I haven't finished it yet, but my initial response is that it works. Without even considering the number on the scale, my muscle tone has significantly increased. Under the little belly flab, there are very tight abdominal muscles and my shoulders and arms are much more shapely. To me, that means the product is working. In addition, in the approximately two weeks I've been using it, I've broken a 4 week long plateau by losing four pounds and I've lost an inch off my hips and a half inch off each my thighs and my waist. Just remember that you get out of it what you put into it, so if you're not doing it full out or you're not paying close attention to your food, your results won't be as dramatic as you were hoping for.

The best part is... it's super cheap compared to most fitness programs. Just make sure you have some handweights and a yoga mat or something similar.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lilsprstr
    lilsprstr Posts: 4
    Options
    I think 20 lbs in 30 days is a bit exaggerated, but I guess it's possible if you had quite a bit of weight to lose. I bought this video when I first started trying to lose weight and it helped A LOT. Before 30DS I was doing the WiiFit with zero results. I started 30DS and a a diet at the same time and the weight really started to come off then. I lost about 12 lbs doing the 30DS and watching my diet alone. That was in about a 2 month period. I really plateaued after that, so I started at the gym. I still really like the shred though. I still do it on occasion when I can't make it to the gym. I think it's a really good workout.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    im only on my 4th day :) and im going through what it tells me. sooo im not sure yet. but i think it worth the try. and you will be shocked on how much you do and what it will give you. its worth it so far for me :) lets hope i lose that 20 lbs in 30 day :D
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had the same questions!! but i finally got tired of wonderingif it would work for me and im gonna try it. i'm renting it from netflix starting it thursday morning so ill let you know
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm o day 6 and havent lost and lbs yet but I can feel a difference in my body. It's definately toning up!
  • christina_255
    Options
    Thank yall so much for all the responses and suggestions so far! I cant wait to start. I have lost 17 lbs but have gotten bored with my wii ea active sports and the treadmill. Just looking for something new because I started off great in feb but this month has been hard on the workout side of things
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I'd love to see some before and after 30DS threads! HAHA. Pictures and/or just inches lost lbs lost type deal. Maybe I'll do that myself?

Hmmmm... except I have no before picture! Haha.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I had the same questions!! but i finally got tired of wonderingif it would work for me and im gonna try it. i'm renting it from netflix starting it thursday morning so ill let you know

I'm getting it from Netflix too! It'll be here tomorrow and I'll start it either tomorrow or thursday! If you want a buddy for it feel free to add me.
    (and that goes for anyone doing it, too)
  • christina_255
    Options
    I'd love to see some before and after 30DS threads! HAHA. Pictures and/or just inches lost lbs lost type deal. Maybe I'll do that myself?

I will have to take some tonight before I start and hopefully in 30 days i will have results to post! lol
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every once in a while, but started doing it every day (or so) about two weeks ago. I don't have 20 pounds to lose anymore (!), but it's definitely intense. I just started Level 2 today and holy hell, it's definitely a major step up from Level 1. I use it in addition to running, dance, and other cardio but I can definitely say that it's helped my tone and it's helped my weight loss overall :)

Just get it...it's $9 at Target :(
  • krae
    krae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did this one, it's awesome. Only lost about 10 lbs, but did see a huge difference in inches and toning. Good luck!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

I will have to take some tonight before I start and hopefully in 30 days i will have results to post! lol

i took my before pics for this also :) so we will see my after pics in the next 26 days :)
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a before and after thread! I am on Day 6 Level 1 now and although I don't have much to lose I am hoping that this will help me tone! I should have taken a before pic!

I'm also still going to the gym, running and pole dancing so hopefully with EVERYTHING going into it my body shape should change a bit in time for summer! :) It is already feeling better so I'm guessing the dvd is working?!

Good luck everyone doing the shred - I'm looking forwards to level 2 already!
    -x-x-
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 level one! She is pretty hardcore but I really like it b/c you don't do any one thing for too long.

Quick question ladies: How are you moving through the levels? I was thinking 1 week at level 1, 1 week at level 2, and then level three for the remaining time??
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 level one! She is pretty hardcore but I really like it b/c you don't do any one thing for too long.

Quick question ladies: How are you moving through the levels? I was thinking 1 week at level 1, 1 week at level 2, and then level three for the remaining time??

I'm not sure, I thought it was 10 days on each level, it doesnt really say.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thank yall so much for all the responses and suggestions so far! I cant wait to start. I have lost 17 lbs but have gotten bored with my wii ea active sports and the treadmill. Just looking for something new because I started off great in feb but this month has been hard on the workout side of things

If you're bored with EA Sports Active, look into upgrading to EA Sports Active More Workouts. I just recently got it after starting to get bored with EA SA and I love it! The preset workouts are better, I really like the 6 week challenge, and the exercises are much less boring. It's not just squats followed by lunges followed by boring running. I found mine for $35 on Amazon with free shipping. Totally worth the investment.