people caring you fat

Options
So yesterday I passed by the shop to buy a few things and I hadn't changed my gym clothes so I felt a little uncomfortable as the assistant came close. I told her, to not get too close cos I'm from gym n I probably stink a lil. Her response was but u are fatter than the last time I saw u. I felt it. Laughed it off n left.

Today I went to the garage(petrol station) to get milk. Low fat milk n the assistant said to me r u buying low fat because u don't want to get bigger than u already are?:dunno:

See I'm a size 14/16 I wear large or xl. I had a breast reduction which I thought would stop all that torment. I used to go through a lot of this when I wore a Zcup. People called me a dairy farm, strangers, I was called fat all the time, ppl had the decensy to ask me why my boobs were that big. I had gone thru men grabbing my boobs.strangers I mean.

Replies

• misslibbyh
    misslibbyh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I can't believe how thoughtlessly mean people are. I haven't had anyone say anything to my face since High school 20 years ago and I wear a 2X size H bra. In school though... girls used to follow me around and moo at me and I wasn't even that overweight. I don't know what's wrong with people but you can be sure it's them. Maybe being mean to others makes them feel superior and powerful somehow. It's an illusion, It's their own insecurities and don't let it affect you one little bit.
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the wrong spelling of calling. My phone likes chaging everything I say. Mind of its own
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I would have to find a new shop and a new petrol station.....people just don't think - or think they are being funny when they aren't. You look GREAT! I love your pics of 30 day shred levels!! Keep up the fabulous work and just know that those people are jealous that you are a determined and strong individual and they don't have that type of motivation to stick with something and see the results!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    O my goodness! Where is the world do you live??
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    O my goodness! Where is the world do you live??
    That's what I was wondering! Sorry you have had such encounters, don't let all the negativity get you down.
  • nerchk
    nerchk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If I were to say I'm never goingto that garage or shop again becase someone called me fat, then I'd have to quit my job, never visit my mom, never go anywhere, because I somehow happen to experience this everywhere I go. I went to visit my mom the other day n her friend told me I'm fat. It was after 2 people had called me fat that day, so I literally bursted n asked her if it would make her happy if I went inside the house and came out skinny. I was pissed. 1 of my co workers enjoy teling people how fat n ugly they are. I realised she had a low self esteem n the only way for her to feel good abt herself is to tell people they are fat n ugly. Last time I told her to keep her mouth shut if she has nothing positive to say
  • ma_oeuvre
    ma_oeuvre Posts: 123
    Options
    Shame they don't know you. I know just cos we're friends on here *I* don't really know you, but I think you're awesome and you're one of my favourite people here. If they weren't so judgemental, so blind, so rude, so inappropriate, and so image-obsessed, they'd be feeling pretty embarrassed right now.

Man, I can't wait for them to eat their words... Keep going, you're brilliant. If you have it in you, feel sorry for them. They don't love themselves.
  • Goosie71
    Goosie71 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think there could be a whooping huge case of jealousy going on here. They can't believe that you are doing something consistently to change. They see the results and it makes them feel uncomfortable about themselves and their own hurdels in life. I think you look fantastic and you certainly don't look fat!
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    WOW sorry to hear this is happening to you......People can be so cruel and mean. I agree with everyone else they are very insecure about themselves so they feel the need to put others down to make them feel better. Try to ignore what they say and keep your head up. People like that love to see when they upset someone cause they got what they wanted.....A reaction.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Oh good heavens; that's just rude. People generally keep to themselves here in the Pacific NW; you wouldn't hear that kind of talk while going about your business.