Over 60?

Options
Like to connect with friends that are over 60.

Replies

• KatieLou1022
    KatieLou1022 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey ... I'm Katie ... 67 yo ... trying to get back in shape. There are a lots of us older ones in a group called "Woman of A Certain Age". You can friend me if you like.
  • digitaldiva321
    Options
    Hi, I'm 62 and new to this site. Glad to see there are others over 60 ! I'll have to check out "Women of a Certain Age" that Katie posted about...
  • TWJuly46
    TWJuly46 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    Thank you for the tip - just discovering all the wonderful things about this site. I will try to find that group.
    Turella
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Just to balance it up, there is an over 60 non gender specific group here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3538-60-years-old-and-over
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My name is Theresa, I am 62 years old and have been with MFP for a few months now. I have just a small group of friends who are similar-aged of whom I am very happy to support and encourage every single day through this journey, who are willing to return the same and help me through this struggle. I would like to add you to my friends ~ please feel free to add me if you wish. Good luck on this journey ~ I look forward to getting to know you!!

lets-be-friends_619_zps7e2cf994.gif
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    tpt, where do you live? your profile is locked and time zones are important to me

I Live in UK btw
  • annep64
    annep64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 64, cannot exercise due to MS and wheelchair bound. Doing OK logging food but doubt weight loss at suggested cals. I can only access scale every 6 months. Next weeks the time. I guessed at start weight. I'm a busy, upbeat person. Could use pals.
    Anne
  • cbrjdejrb
    Options
    Hi, I'm Joanne and just joined the group today. I have about 35 pounds to lose but I never get past a few days of healthy eating and exercise. I need some support. Can you help me. I also struggle the most with breakfast. I need a breakfast that lasts. Any ideas?
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have been on MFP in earnest since October and have gotten to my goal weight (plus one pound for good measure). There are some wonderful members in our age group. It's nice to connect with people who understand some of the challenges of getting and staying fit over age 60. And, I just had a total hip replacement 4 weeks ago! I'm getting in some great work outs during my recovery guided by my wonderful physical therapist!

Feel free to add me!
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Pam. I am 63. Just found out I have GERD-silent reflux. Very strict diet of foods/drinks that contain no acids.
    What a challenge! I just joined this group in Jan 2013. Lost 28# since Dec.
    Also just had some corrective foot surgery in Dec. So just getting to a position where I can walk and exercise again. My diary is open so take a look and see what you think.
    I live in Duncan, Ok. (Southwest of OKC, OK). Need some pals in my age category. That might be fun. See you soon!!
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey Theresa,

Add me as a friend. I am 63. Challenged with my diet requierments.
    That would be fun.
    Pam
  • lsngwght
    Options
    I'm over 60 in fact I'm closing in on 70 really fast. I'll be 69 in a couple of months. This is my first day here and I'm still trying to figure out everything. Think I have the food tracking down but I'm spending way too much time on the computer when I should be moving around. Will be fun getting to know you.
  • nctgreene
    nctgreene Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am a 61 yr old grandmother of two boys and am disabled from Polio. I would love to have more friends for support that I would be happy to support as well.

Nancy