Can Cheerios really be 0 calories?

Options
So...I am measuring out my Honey Nut Cheerios this morning and the measuring cup 'overflows' on the counter, I pick them up and eat them. Here is the question...Do the 'spilled' Cheerios have to count as calories for today? Is there a sub-paragraph in the 5-sec rule for such things? Oh and by the way, I was standing up when I ate them...Is this negative calories then?? :noway:

Just something lighthearted to get your Monday going friends and maybe give you something to discuss around the water cooler.

Replies

• erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL! Thanks for the smile!
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hahaha...i wonder this now that i track calories! how many "zero" calories did i eat when i was fixing my daughter's lunch? did the strawberry jelly on the butter knife really count? what about when i used to 'taste' the mac & cheese to see if it needed more milk?? LOL i have to physically stop myself from doing those things anymore.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    So...I am measuring out my Honey Nut Cheerios this morning and the measuring cup 'overflows' on the counter, I pick them up and eat them. Here is the question...Do the 'spilled' Cheerios have to count as calories for today? Is there a sub-paragraph in the 5-sec rule for such things? Oh and by the way, I was standing up when I ate them...Is this negative calories then?? :noway:

Just something lighthearted to get your Monday going friends and maybe give you something to discuss around the water cooler.
    Did anyone see you eat them? If no one sees it, it doesn't count.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hahaha...i wonder this now that i track calories! how many "zero" calories did i eat when i was fixing my daughter's lunch? did the strawberry jelly on the butter knife really count? what about when i used to 'taste' the mac & cheese to see if it needed more milk?? LOL i have to physically stop myself from doing those things anymore.

OH YEAH...the knife and spoon rule...those HAVE to be 0 calories on them.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Another fun zero calorie tip, when you're eating cookies, break them in half before you eat. All the calories fall out then!
  • firemanfive0
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

exactly!! no proof of evidence
  • Sharla_G
    Options
    They are shaped like ZEROS. Just sayin' ....
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love it! :laugh: thanks for the smile today!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    They are shaped like ZEROS. Just sayin' ....

^^^ this..lol!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I dont know but I just ate some this am....my breakfast of choice...lol
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Same rule goes for 'smashed up', and 'broken' foods. You know....broken pretzels, half a piece of bread, last chip crumbs in the bag...ZERO calories of course!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Definitely doesn't count, just like all the stuffing that fell out of the turkey at Christmas didn't! Lol. X
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

exactly!! no proof of evidence
    [/quote]
    My other favorite is "Well I logged my exercise, but cycling has an "after burn" effect so surely that covers eating a few pieces of chocolate."

I've actually heard someone say this before.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1. If it was meant for someone else, it doesn't count.
    2. If it is on someone else's plate, it doesn't count.
    3. If it cannot be weighed, it doesn't count.
    4. If it is eaten in the dark, it doesn't count.
    5. If nobody sees you eat it, it doesn't count.
    6. If it is eaten outside the home, it doesn't count.

I think rule 3 applies here, as the cheerios willfully refused the weighing process.
  • firemanfive0
    Options
    1. If it was meant for someone else, it doesn't count.
    2. If it is on someone else's plate, it doesn't count.
    3. If it cannot be weighed, it doesn't count.
    4. If it is eaten in the dark, it doesn't count.
    5. If nobody sees you eat it, it doesn't count.
    6. If it is eaten outside the home, it doesn't count.

I think rule 3 applies here, as the cheerios willfully refused the weighing process.

#4...Is that completely dark or does the light of the fridge cancel that out?
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Surely the amount of calories you would have burned picking those little guys up would compensate for any calories you ate???
  • firemanfive0
    Options
    Surely the amount of calories you would have burned picking those little guys up would compensate for any calories you ate???

I like your thinking there!! This will have to be considered in future spillage.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who said the crumbs of brownies don't count. She thought about it, crumbled up an entire brownie, and ate it. "See, no points!" (She's on WW)
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And remember to log some 'vigourous cleaning' into your exercise diary when you rinse the bowl and spoon.
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same rule goes for 'smashed up', and 'broken' foods. You know....broken pretzels, half a piece of bread, last chip crumbs in the bag...ZERO calories of course!

Exactly!!! I don't count the chip crumbs, they couldn't add up to a whole chip anyways :wink: