Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Bicycle crunches are a struggle for me too, so are burpees- wonder if they use the same part of the brain? Hopefully, it will get better! I saw another man on here, so you're in good company- plus, Jillian's a HOSS!

Did day 2 today, my husband gave me feedback on my form (because my knees were popping) and it was much more challenging (but less painful) using the right form!!! Keep it up, everyone!

I did better today, still not quite getting the bicycle crunches but it was easier today even after only one day. I'm not quite getting through all of the push-ups either but I'm getting closer. I have bad knees too so I know how you feel. The good thing about 30DS is that it goes by so quickly. Your workout is over almost as soon as it starts, it just that while it is going on you think you may die. I'll have to find this other guy and befriend him and maybe together we can up the testosterone level in this thread.

You're cracking me up! Great job today, keep it up. I agree about the workout moving fast. It keeps my attention, and the time does go fast. I'm trying not to preview the next circuit, I'm kind of scared of Jillian! 27 days to go!
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've just ordered my copy today and will arrive at the weekend.

Im really looking forward to it and i NEVER look forward to excercise.

This thread has really helped seeing everyone elses success/struggles etc.

I have a bad knee & leg so will have to modify some of the jumping moves.
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options

You're cracking me up! Great job today, keep it up. I agree about the workout moving fast. It keeps my attention, and the time does go fast. I'm trying not to preview the next circuit, I'm kind of scared of Jillian! 27 days to go!

I did the same thing yesterday. I was tempted to watch level 2 but quickly got up and turned it off. I was afraid :) Actually, I probably will watch level 2 all the way through before doing it for the first time, just so I know what to expect. I kind of like Jillian, she scares me too, though in a good way ;)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was difficult. I swore that it was evil and I would never do it again after I got through those 10 days. After awhile of doing other Jillian workouts and other things, I tried it again to see if it was as evil as I remembered. It wasn't, in fact now I do it a couple of times a week for fun. That is meant as encouragement, because I was very out of shape, but if you keep going, you will get stronger and more fit. I never thought I could do what I can do now.
  • nikkipow229
    Options
    Hello everyone !

I started today and i was sweating bullets "lol" but i felt amazing to know that i did it even if it was the level 1 :) . I never thought that it would be sooooo hard use your own body weight to workout :s i also started to use ALbolene to speed up the sweating "it's amazing . good luck everyone ♥
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Albolene, if anything, will only help you lose a little water weight. It won't be real fat or weight.
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Anyone else think the first circuit is the worst of the three? It kills but i know after that, im smooth sailing! Is it that way in cycle 2 and 3 too?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I found Level 2 the hardest.
  • mfaine
    Options
    Anyone else think the first circuit is the worst of the three? It kills but i know after that, im smooth sailing! Is it that way in cycle 2 and 3 too?

Yes, there is a point in the level 1 workout where, even though it isn't yet over, you feel relieved because you know the worst of it is over. I'm not having nearly as much trouble with it now, mostly those first couple days were really hard. I've been using 5lb weights in all but a couple of the exercises though if it gets too hard I drop back down to 3lb weights. I can even (mostly) do bicycle crunches!
  • allysonvb
    Options
    Im using 5 pound weights, too. The part that kills me are the jacks then jump rope then lunges.... After that set, I'm golden!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My problem is I CAN NOT do push ups... No matter how hard I try and do them, I can't master it..

I started this back last year and did 3 days and give up, I refuse to give up this time!! I will push myself to keep going.. I just wish I could do those freaking push ups..

You know.. I couldn't do push ups.. then I did the Anita version on my knees.. I am on my 2nd run of the 30DS Shred and am very close at doing full pushups for 30 seconds! Never say never!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

L1 is KILLER.. the rest were a piece of cake for me.
  • mfaine
    Options
    1 more day of L1 and Tuesday I'll be on L2. I'm kind of wishing I was there already. I think 10 days is too long to do the same workout. It gets old really fast. Maybe, a week would be better, or even 5 days.
  • allysonvb
    Options
    1 more day of L1 and Tuesday I'll be on L2. I'm kind of wishing I was there already. I think 10 days is too long to do the same workout. It gets old really fast. Maybe, a week would be better, or even 5 days.

I'm ready foot level 2 as well. My knees are starting to bother me from L1, I have three more days so should finish Thursday (tomorrow will be a rest day). Next time I do it, I'm going to do three or four days of a level and switch it up. I hear L2 is a lot of planking and shoulder stuff, so it should be interesting. Good luck to all this week!
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    Options
    I just did day 21 and my first day of Level 3!!! love the results!!!!
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 completed today.
    Squats and lunges are getting deeper for me. YAY! (I have really bad flexibility, so it is awesome to see it is getting better). Still doing easy "female" push ups, but able to push more out.

I sometimes do feel like I get a little bored, but have been pushing myself a lot more the last two days and it shows - THERE IS SWEAT DRIPPING FROM EVERY PART OF MY BODY!!
    Going to play my own music from now on. Although I do like to hear her say to push on sometimes.

Anyone feel free to add me for support :D

Starting measurements were:

Weight: 92.4 kg
    Height: 172cm

Chest: 101cm
    Waist: 92cm
    Abdomen: 97cm
    Buttocks: 107.5cm
    Distal Thigh: 57cm
    Calf : 40cm
    Bicep: 34cm
  • mfaine
    Options
    @SchizJophreni: That would be great feature for the DVD, play only the voices with no background music, then you can overlay whatever music you want.
  • Katrinamod
    Katrinamod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 and still on Level 1- I had a few days out of it because of my knees but am back on it again. I found level 2 an extreme jump from level 1 so will be sticking to level 1 for now!
  • mfaine
    Options
    I start level 2 today and I previewed it last night. It looks like the first set is going to be the hardest for me. Not because of it being physically demanding but because it requires a lot of balance and coordination. The jumping moves and skaters and walking pushups,etc. I'm just not flexible or coordinated enough for any of it. I'll give it my best try though.
  • kirkytwo
    kirkytwo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred Level 1 on Sunday. Missed yesterday because I go to bootcamp Mondays and Thursdays which is a 45 minute circuit training session. 30 day shred feels like a huge jump because my body isn't getting the usual time to recover. Feeling the burn!