One year progress! 5'1, -12lbs, down 2 pant sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• applekrisp1988
    Options
    You look great! Wish I was that size.

Congratulations! I hope I can do the same for myself.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done! Your hard efforts really paid off! I'm a shortie too. 5'1" with a much higher SW than yours and your pictures/story were so inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! you look wonderful, thank you for sharing!
  • mx2mama
    mx2mama Posts: 62
    Options
    Great job! I've been tossing the idea of lifting heavy and I'm picking up NLRFW to peruse while I finish up Insanity! Amazing how 12 lbs loss doesn't seem like much compared to others, but on us shorties, it's a big difference!

Congrats!
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're an inspiration!
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    Awesome ! Good Job :) I Am 5'0 and need to lose 12-15 pounds & its the hardest couple of pounds to lose ! its coming off slowly but hey its coming off !
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :smooched: thanks for the love everyone!!
    Great job! I've been tossing the idea of lifting heavy and I'm picking up NLRFW to peruse while I finish up Insanity! Amazing how 12 lbs loss doesn't seem like much compared to others, but on us shorties, it's a big difference!

Congrats!

Yeahhhhh do it! Facebook also has a great active support group of ladies doing NROLFW and they'll answer any of your questions, post vids of the workouts since sometimes the static pictures in the book isn't 100% clear, and they are so inspiring. :love:
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Im the same height and I have similar goals. Recently started getting into kettle bells and weights. I'm trying to get fit enough to do pushups!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Im the same height and I have similar goals. Recently started getting into kettle bells and weights. I'm trying to get fit enough to do pushups!

have you looked into New Rules of Lifting for Women? They also have a lil program in there to help you with developing your pushups! Basically don't start with the knees, just do em at an angle like on a bar or bench in the weight room and move progressively towards the floor. Also, something that help me with pushups was YOGA! :love: All of those Downward Dog to plank to upwardfacing dog -> basically a yoga pushup!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look fabulous!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The scale definitely is not always the best measuring tool.

You look great! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! The more I read about the benefits of lifting the more I think I should start incorporating that into my routine. Thank you for sharing your awesome success with us!
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! I will start lifting more weight soon. I love yoga and have been doing it in the past but kind of stop. Will go back soon but definitely will add some weight training in. Great inspiring post! :)
  • MinyMinnie
    Options
    Amazing story! <3:D

-Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!