Weigh ins

Options
How often should you weigh yourself?

Replies

• darcyrose_texas
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday as my "official" weigh in. I also try to weigh in every other day or so in order to make sure I am staying on track. I never have big changes in the scale this way, but I almost always go down a few ounces consistently. This also helps me to stay in tune with my body! If I go up a few ounces or stay the same, I increase my water consumption and watch my calories a little better. If I am dropping a pound every few days, I do my happy dance! :) lol
  • salu1975
    Options
    I also weigh in every Monday. Weekends are bad for me, so the upcomming weigh in prevents me from over doing it. Plus I like to skip weigh in before my period because I tend to gain 5-6 lbs and that totally de-motivates me.
  • DeLiRi0uS2010
    Options
    I like weighing myself once a week. When you weigh yourself daily, you don't really get an accurate showing of your weight loss. Sodium intake can make the scale say a higher number because you are retaining more water that day, and many other factors like certain foods stay in your bowel longer, etc. I would suggest once a week to keep from getting dscouraged by the daily fluctuations our bodies go through. Doing it once a week will give you an overall trend on if you are actually losing the weight or not. It also feels better to see pounds come off once a week, instead of ounces everyday. That can help boost your confidence that you are doing the right things! Just my thoughts!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You should weigh at most once a week as weighing daily can get some disappointed and demotivated due to normal daily fluctuations. Even weekly shows a lot of weight changes especially for women.

I weigh once a week on Tuesday mornings.. I used to weigh in on Friday mornings but I joined a challenge that has weigh ins being on Tuesdays so I switched mine. I weigh before I eat or drink anything and after I've used the washroom.

Some people weigh daily, some weekly, some monthly... it all depends on what works best for you. Don't weigh daily if the changes hurt your motivation or depress you a bit. I don't believe weighing daily is a good representation of weight loss as so many things will influence the weight that shows up.
  • Angmu7
    Angmu7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I only count my WI on Sunday morning but I step on the scale every day...just helps me know how things affect my body that I eat but I don't give the every day WI much thought other than to know I am on track.
  • nanamartinez13
    nanamartinez13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I figured I would do it once a week, but I wasn't sure. I got weighed last Wednesday at the doctor, so I'm going to do it Wednesday's.
  • mauswood
    mauswood Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself once a month - that way I got to see a bigger number and I wasn't driven insane by day to day fluctuations.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday as my "official" weigh in. I also try to weigh in every other day or so in order to make sure I am staying on track. I never have big changes in the scale this way, but I almost always go down a few ounces consistently. This also helps me to stay in tune with my body! If I go up a few ounces or stay the same, I increase my water consumption and watch my calories a little better. If I am dropping a pound every few days, I do my happy dance! :) lol

Hmm - never really thought about increasing water consumption if the ounces go up. I'll have to try that!
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've always been told once a week, around the same time and after you pee. It's my understanding that morning after you wake up and use the restroom is the best time. Thats what I do, but its what works best for you. Good luck.
  • zagrath769
    zagrath769 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily.
    I do it first thing in the morning and after I go to the bathroom.
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    I weigh daily.
    I do it first thing in the morning and after I go to the bathroom.

same here - i am obsessive about it :) i cant help myself but i try to only record 1x a week.. i am also just starting out so I like to check to see how my choices i have been making are or arent working.. I am hoping that i can truly get to 1 x a week but ill obsess about that when i hit my goal weight!