This site is a lifesaver!!!

Options
WOW...I amazed at all the healthy knowledge right at my fingertips!!!

I have been fighting a losing battle w/ thyroid disease for many years & have gained over 150lbs... it seems that we have finally got in under control & I am working very hard to get this weight off!!!

I started a food journal and calorie counting. My hubby found this site and now we are both logging in daily & keeping on track! I finally have confidence that I can do this!!! :flowerforyou: I am sending you all my blessings & best wishes!! Shannon

Replies

• rrayonez
    rrayonez Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Shannon!!

I am with you on this site - it's amazing... Little did I know that eating a pretzel was like 340 calories (OMG) I better be on a deserted island before I eat one of those again - I thank this site for opening my eyes!

Wish you and your hubby success and look forward to seeing that butterfly move.. :)
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Thank you for the posting back!! Yes I agree... there are many things I will never put to my lips again!! LMAO! Like Dairy Queen french fries-over 700 calories...OMG!!!! Good luck on your eating & living healthy adventure!! Shannon
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on this site for 2 weeks now. I'm so glad my friend recommended it. I've never kept a food diary before, and I'm also amazed at the amount of calories I eat. I'm glad I'm more observant with what I eat now.
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Yes it is amazing how many calories i was eating a day! While I was ill we ate alot of fast foods... never again... yucky... just the thought makes me sick to my tummy now!! LMAO!! Good luck new friends!!