How have I lost nothing?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tiffy045
    Options
    so you see my body was really running on 600 calories. starving!
  • SuperKeely
    SuperKeely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thankyou everyone
    I never intended to lose so much in a short space of time, my goal is 2lbs a week :)

In that case, look at it this way: you're 5lbs ahead!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    weight loss isn't linear... there will be ebbs and flows.

If you're convinced you aren't losing, then you are either eating more than you think or burning less than you think. Or both.

This. Your AVERAGE weight loss will be 2 pounds per week. Since it appears you're on week 3, you've averaged 3/week. Nothing to sneeze at.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Thankyou everyone you've been a great help!
  • babycakeslove11
    Options
    I got so frustrated after a couple weeks where it wasn't really showing up on the scale even though I was working out 30-45 minutes a day and sticking to my 1250 calories a day (plus whatever my exercise calories were). Drinking water is KEY! This week, I tried drinking more water and really trying to get my 8 glasses in a day (I'm usually around 4 a day, but I got up to about 6 a day this week) and I'm down about 3 pounds. Weight loss can't be a fad, it has to be a change of lifestyle. Also, just because it's not showing on the scale doesn't mean your body isn't getting healthier or even slimming down. I have a pair of jeans that were really tight and I could barely get them on when I first started using MFP. Every week, I try them on and they are getting to be a little looser. If the scale numbers aren't showing exactly what you want, find another way to "measure" in addition to the scale so that you keep yourself motivated :D
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks and you're complaining about not losing any this ONE week??? Seriously?! Read the links provided by the others above and be thankful you've lost as much as you have. I've lost 9 lbs. in two YEARS. I'm grateful for all the great advice and lessons learned on MFP and am now eating healthy, real foods, and my activity level is up there because I feel good with what I'm eating and the amount I'm eating and working out. I'm not here to get skinny. I'm here to lower my body fat percentage and get healthy and smart about my food choices. It's my new lifestyle.

Also, if you don't have a whole lot to lose, it's going to come off REALLY slow no matter what you do.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Lol I wasn't complaining I was worried I was doing something wrong which it turns out I was =)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser? Week 3 is always when everyone's disappointed with their weight loss. Remember that there is muscle gain and swelling as your muscles heal and strengthen. You'll become more compact as time goes on and that's not always going to reflect on the scale.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    First-congrats on the weight you've already lost. You're not going to lose something each week. You might want to check out helloitsdan's post to make sure you're eating enough for how much you're working out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 You can easily go some weeks without losing anything, then lose a lot then lose nothing again. It takes time Good luck!

^^^^ this

and also if you've exercised hard, your muscles can retain water which means you can lose fat, but your weight stays the same. stick with it, the extra water weight comes off after a while. Also track inches not just weight.