30 Day Shred.. Starting 1/28/13

Options

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yes, in my opinion you should take at least one day off per week for the muscles to recover. Listen to your body and do it on your schedule. If it takes more than two weeks to master a level, so be it.
  • KhiyaG
    KhiyaG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I was toying with the idea of restarting the 30DS logged on and saw this..its my sign, please count me in!
  • sarbear853
    sarbear853 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 Level 1. The hardest part for me is it's boring already since i know what to expect AND i've never done anything consistently for 30 days. I've more tricked my mind into it's not a workout goal as much as a life goal of committing to doing something consistently. To me the self discipline is harder than the workout!

It goes a LOT better with Jillian on mute or down low and music blaring!
  • Bexiblueberry
    Bexiblueberry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What do you log the 30 day shred under in the exercise diary? circuits? I've been planning to start this for a while but my DVD hasn't arrived! Level one is on youtube though so I want to start it today using that!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i want to do this! but i don't have weights... can I do this without weights?
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm starting (again) tomorrow too. This is perfect. I'm in!
  • acogg
    Options
    I log circuit training general for 18 minutes because I don't do the full cardio (weight loss is no longer a goal). When I was doing the full workout I logged circuit training general for however many minutes that gave me 200 calories.
  • acogg
    Options

You can use nothing (you won't get the same results), bottles of water, cans of soup, etc.
  • RBoop57
    RBoop57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay! I'm in. I have started twice but never got passed Level 2. So I back to finish this. Please feel free to add me!! Good Luck everyone! It helps when you have others trying to achieve what you are doing!
  • mynewbug
    mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group! I am also starting today.
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

You can use nothing (you won't get the same results), bottles of water, cans of soup, etc.

ok thank you!! never thought of using cans of soup :)

i do lift weights at the gym already so i may just not use any to give my muscles a break
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it, but probably not until Wednesday (1/30). I'm terrified. I'm incredibly out of shape and I suspect this thing is gonna kick my butt.
  • sherodswife
    sherodswife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred last year and haven't done it since. I actually just started again on Saturday. I am in so much pain all over, lol, but it feels GOOD!
  • phxdeanna
    Options
    Count me in! I haven't done it before, but have had the DVD for MONTHS. Typical. Let's hold one another accountable!
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are starting on Wednesday! I take my measurements at the end of the month so I will take them the day I finish 30DS. I would LOVE to tone my stomach, legs, and arms up so I'm hoping this will be a good start! I'm super excited!!
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I started 30 Day Shred on Sunday. Did Day 2 this morning. It is KILLING me ... Man! It doesn't look like it would be that hard, but it kicks my butt!! Mind you, I am way out of shape!!! I plan to push through though! We hung a 30 day calendar on our refrigerator, and now have 2 days crossed off!
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it, but probably not until Wednesday (1/30). I'm terrified. I'm incredibly out of shape and I suspect this thing is gonna kick my butt.

It is so hard!!! My daughter and I just did Day 2 this morning - we are panting and whining through almost the entire DVD, and my thighs are killing me today. BUT, we can do this, and it will be so worth it in the end.
  • JSoups
    JSoups Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I tried it last week and it killed me. I was sore for days! As long as my little guy cooperates and goes down for a nap this afternoon I will start today! Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it until both kids are in bed at 7.

Would this be a bad exercise DVD to do close to bed time!? I usually aim to be in bed around 9:30 (still have a baby that wakes up in the middle of the night) and the earliest I could start in the evening would be 7:15!?
  • Masheba
    Options
    I will join ya tomorrow will be my day one since I worked out already or maybe I will do it tonight! There aint no rest for the wicked!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just did the first day today. I thought it would be worse, but I still feel my muscles burning even after my shower. I'm curious to see how I'll feel tomorrow.