inner thigh gap

Options
Any workout suggestions on how to destroy my ridiculously huge thighs? I miss that gap! I'm going to Italy for my honeymoon, in September, and I'm trying to get back to the way I used to look.

Replies

• Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't find that gap very attractive. I know lyle recommends breastfeeding to lose lower body fat for women.
  • kirzz92
    kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah, strong is the new skinny ;)
    You can't really lose fat from a specific area.. Your body decides where it wants to lose fat from, toning exercises just help define and when the fat goes that are will look good!

Good luck!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If you had it at a healthy weight before, it is likely you will have it at a similar weight again. The only way to go is to lose body fat everywhere, so work with a small calorie deficit and lift heavy.

PS If you never had it before, there's a pretty good chance it isn't in the cards for you in the future. But you made it sound like you used to have one so have at it.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've had wonderful results with Brazil Butt Lift. It's challenging, but not so over the top that you can't do it from the start. You can make it more challenging as you go as well.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Outer thigh gap is where it's at these days.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This again! :grumble:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Any workout suggestions on how to destroy my ridiculously huge thighs? I miss that gap!

You're wanting to destroy muscle or you're wanting to lose fat? Pick a goal because these are two different concepts. Work on your nutrition and keep up the work at the gym. Honestly, if you get your body in good shape the last thing anyone is going to notice is a thigh gap. They'll be way too focused on the rest of you to bother noticing that you don't have adolescent legs anymore.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If you had it at a healthy weight before, it is likely you will have it at a similar weight again. The only way to go is to lose body fat everywhere, so work with a small calorie deficit and lift heavy.

PS If you never had it before, there's a pretty good chance it isn't in the cards for you in the future. But you made it sound like you used to have one so have at it.

This.

Thigh gap is not the way people tell whether you are fit.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Any workout suggestions on how to destroy my ridiculously huge thighs? I miss that gap!

You're wanting to destroy muscle or you're wanting to lose fat? Pick a goal because these are two different concepts. Work on your nutrition and keep up the work at the gym. Honestly, if you get your body in good shape the last thing anyone is going to notice is a thigh gap. They'll be way too focused on the rest of you to bother noticing that you don't have adolescent legs anymore.

That's nice and all, but I still want a gap. I think it looks good. I nicely asked My Fitness Pal's community boards if anyone had any workout suggestions for what I thought was obvious in a forum like this: toning thighs in order to thin them, creating an inner thigh gap. Thanks, though.
  • pinky_pinkster
    pinky_pinkster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Loads of cardio + use the adductor machine at the gym
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That's nice and all, but I still want a gap. I think it looks good.

Mostly you just need to have a wider hip structure and thinner legs. Just keep eating a reduced calorie diet till you get thin enough for it to show. You can't spot reduce body fat.

There's no specific exercise to do to get this look. The abductor machine isn't going to do anything but make your abductor muscle stronger. I'd still say to use weights but keep the weight lighter and the rep count higher at around 15 - 20 reps per set. Add in some good cardio several days a week to help out with the weight loss pace if you're in a hurry.

Just be careful because you could achieve this goal and still hate the rest of your body. Personally I don't think it's a good fitness goal but to each their own I guess.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, dead lifts, and bent over rows. Plus the ubiquitous you are going to have to lose more body fat. But there is no reason not to build muscle and try to lift your booty while you are doing it. A nice muscular lifted booty definitely balances out heavier thighs.
  • Bumbeen
    Options

That's nice and all, but I still want a gap. I think it looks good. I nicely asked My Fitness Pal's community boards if anyone had any workout suggestions for what I thought was obvious in a forum like this: toning thighs in order to thin them, creating an inner thigh gap. Thanks, though.

eat less and you're good then. Also breastfeeding exclusively uses body fat from the lower body. The people saying you can't spot reduce are not completely correct......
  • Dfracassa
    Options

eat less and you're good then. Also breastfeeding exclusively uses body fat from the lower body. The people saying you can't spot reduce are not completely correct......

Thanks! I know you can spot-reduce, it's just crazy hard. I am not a mother, however, and so breastfeeding is out of the question. I think I'll stick with calorie restriction, exercise and time. :-)
  • Dfracassa
    Options
    Loads of cardio + use the adductor machine at the gym

I love that thing! It's weird being so prone with all those people around, but totally worth it, yes.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, dead lifts, and bent over rows. Plus the ubiquitous you are going to have to lose more body fat. But there is no reason not to build muscle and try to lift your booty while you are doing it. A nice muscular lifted booty definitely balances out heavier thighs.

Wait, but if she wants that gap, isn't more muscles going to impede that? If you can't spot reduce, and it seems the general consensus is that you can't, then how would working out especially the lower body help with the circumference, other than to increase the number of calories burnt. I just get so confused whenever people say to work out specific muscles, then say in that you can't spot reduce. If you can't spot reduce, then working out those muscles isn't going to help fat reduction in the area around those muscles. It just helps you gain a more muscular look, which is not necessarily for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like looking fit, but these forums keep getting me confused with the spot reduction or no spot reduction analysis.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I bet my thighs are bigger.
  • Dfracassa
    Options

Thank you! I agree; my thighs are pretty muscular already, and always have been. A little trimming is all I need.
  • Bumbeen
    Options

Thanks! I know you can spot-reduce, it's just crazy hard. I am not a mother, however, and so breastfeeding is out of the question. I think I'll stick with calorie restriction, exercise and time. :-)

Well unfortunately, the same exercise that will allow increase blood flow in the adjacent fat mass will also cause those muscles to increase in size, so you may just want to avoid any exercise involving your adductors :>
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Thigh master! :tongue: