Do anyone have a good morning pick me up shake recipe???

Options
Im in need of morning shake. I am not the morning person so I sometime skip breakfast. Sometimes my morning consist of cappucino but i dont like it, just trying to wake up. Then to think of all the sugar thats in it. So does anyone have a good nutrional shake recipe that they use? Please Help!!

Replies

• sbraymond
    Options
    Frozen chunks of mango, orange juice, ice cubes - its cold, but it wakes you up and is delicious.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you skip breakfast I would do something like:
    1-2 bananas (depending on how big of a serving you want)
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp honey
    1 cup Milk

It is filling and delicious!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake. It always carries me through until lunch.

1 Scoop of chocolate flavored Whey Isolate (I bought Designer brand since Rite Aid had it BoGo free)
    6 Strawberries (whole)
    8 Oz unsweetened almond milk
    Crushed ice (however thick you want the shake, add more ice)

I mix it in my blender or with my immersion blender. YUM!

I also like it with 1 tbsp unsalted fresh peanut butter instead of the strawberries.
    .. Or with 1/2 a banana...
    ... Or with 1/4 banana and a couple of strawberries
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I take a cup of Walmart's frozen mango, strawberries, and pineapple, 1/2 cup of Kefir Strawbery smoothie drink, 3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt and blend it. I usually nuke the frozen fruit for 1 minute or the shake is too thick to drink.

Another blended smoothie option:
    1 large banana
    1 packet instant regular oatmeal (cooked)
    1/2 cup honey vanilla greek yogurt
    20 almonds
    1 cup ice

Or essentially any variant of the above...
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    milk or water
    fruit (frozen or fresh)
    spinach
    ice
    and blender!

If you want you can add your protein, instant coffee, yogurt, peanut butter or whatever to it too. :smile: Just try combos of stuff you like.
  • FitChimi
    Options
    1- 1.5 cups almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    1 cup other fruit (strawberry, mango or blueberry)
    1Tbs flax meal

If banana is not frozen:
    3-4 ice cubes

Blend until smooth
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    1 cup fat-free plain or vanilla greek yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, 1/2pineapple1/2mango, ect, ect)
    1 packet truvia
    1 tablespoon flax seed

blend it all up and enjoy :D

♥m
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I use a low glycemic whey protein with frozen fruit mixed blended in so it's like having a milk shake for breakfast
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Could try my mix, it's high protein and carb but ultra low fat.

1/2 medium banana
    Europes Best 4 Mixed Berries - 1 cup
    Liberte 0% Plain Yogurt - 2 tbsp
    Six Star Triple Chocolate Protein Powder - 1 Scoop (39g)
    Sun-Rype Mango Pineapple Juice (with veggies) - 1/2 cup

It's a meal in a cup and lasts me from 6am when I drink it till about noon as long as I have had a full nights sleep :) I had to have an extra 1/2 cup of yogurt and 1/4 cup of the mixed berries as a snack since I only slept about 4 or 5 hours last night but those two together and I probably won't need to eat my lunch till 1pm.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. You do need a blender though.

1/2 cup All Whites (pasturized egg whites) .... for protein
    1 peeled banana in chunks
    1/2 to 1 cup any frozen berries or other frozen fruit
    handful of baby spinach leaves...stems removed
    a source of healthy fat: quarter of an avocado, TBS flaxseed meal, tsp of Flaxseed oil, etc.....whatever you like or have on hand.

Put it all in the blender and hit puree until it's all smooth.
    Using the frozen fruit makes the smoothie thicker and it's convenient to have on hand in the freezer.
  • Ncharles2013
    Options
    Buy you a bag of frozen fruit (thaw out) what you will be using. add water and your favorite protein powder! i think i want one now :)
  • sruckstuhl
    sruckstuhl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My go to shake is
    -4oz. Rice milk (unsweetened)
    -one scoop of double chocolate 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein (best protein I've found on the market since it doesnt have the added sugars like others)
    -half a banana
    -a tablespoon of almond butter

Blend and add ice cubes until it reaches the thickness of your liking (usually 6 or 7 for me). I drink this before I work out or if I want a sweet snack before I go to bed. It tastes like a chocolate peanut butter milkshake.

One other thing that has been a huge time saver for me is getting one of those single serve blenders that doubles as the cup. I can just make my smoothie and go in the morning....no cleanup. So easy.
  • coachmjfitness11
    Options
    Personally? I love shakeology with a little pb2 and spinach. Keeps me full till lunch plus crazy awesome. But, if your not into that, a nice green smoothie with almond milk, peaches & greens is awesome. I have this with protein powder after my workouts and its amazingly refreshing.
  • NiaBossy
    Options
    Thanks you guys I'm going to try some of those to see which one works for me. :smile: