Looking for fitness pals who are starting the C25K program.

Options

Replies

• Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi Jogging'. In my opinion, anyone and everyone is welcome to post on this thread. More support is good for everyone. I myself use to hate running. I am not loving it now, but I don't dread it, and actually look forward to my next run and getting a better time. I love the podcasts too. It is helpful to not have to watch the clock the whole time for the intervals. I don't think I would be as into it if I did. Much easier to just speed up and slow down as I am told! As to your question, I do workout on my rest days, but I don't run. I do Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred every day, usually dance 30-60 minutes with my kids, and/or hit the eliptical for 30-45 minutes. I try to get in at least 60 minutes of training every day.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Week three is DONE!!! I was smokin' today. Felt awesome. Week four... bring it on!

Time: 25:58
    Distance: 4.31km
    Av/KM: 6:01 min/km
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Great job, Bleux!

I don't work out on my off days, because I just don't have time. I started C25K because I read that running is like the ultimate bang-for-your-buck workout, so I wanted to make what little time I have really count.
  • Bleux
    Options
    I totally understand taking a couple days off, Sunny. I am just afraid if I take too much time off I will get lazy (happens all the time) and then I have such a hard time getting back into it. I know the program says to run 3 times a week, but I do it everyother day. And on my off days I try to get to the gym for the Eliptical or Stair climber. I take one day off a week, but even then, I try to do 30 minutes of dancing or walking or something to keep me going!
  • Manuka
    Manuka Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just started c25k today. How is everyone inputting this into their exercise diary?
  • Bleux
    Options
    I wear a HRM for everything so I know how many calories I burn. As with every exercise, it is going to vary with every person.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Ok. W4D1 was today. Breathing-wise I was doing fine, but my legs, ankles and shins, were killing me! But, I suppose room for improvement is always good! I didn't get the cool down in either as I had to get home to go out. Thursday will be the full run with proper warm-up and cool-down.

Time 26:51
    Distance: 4.56 km
    Av/KM: 5:53 min/km
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    W5D2 down! I was skeptical about the jump from 5 minutes to 8 but I decided not to redo w5d1, and I'm glad I didn't. I finished my second run strong, in spite of a stitch in my side for the last 4 minutes. I can't wait for Thursday, because I'm feeling confident about my 20-minute run, and if I can do that, I'll feel really good about my first 5-K, which is only two weeks away!
  • Bleux
    Options
    Good job Sunny. I was nervous about the jump to 5 minutes run too, but it wasn't as bad as I expected! Yeah us!
  • Bleux
    Options
    W4D2 today. I have an appointment this afternoon so I got up at 5:30 this morning to do it! It felt really good and I may just do this whole early morning workout thing more often!

Time: 30:33
    DIstance: 5:15km
    Av/KM: 5:56/km

A slightly slower average per KM, but I did about 2 minutes of the cool-down I didn't get to do on Tuesday. I am needing to work on where to run now since I am running further. I had to run past my house and guess at a turn around point which is why I didn't get in all the cool-down. For weeks 1-3 this loop worked really well, but now that I am running more it just isn't big enough.

Happy Running!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Great job, Bleux!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Uuuuuugh. I was so psyched to do W5D3 today and I just couldn't. Nine minutes in I had to stop because I was feeling very lightheaded. My HRM said I was at 97% of my MHR. Scary. l think it's a combination of allergies and bad food choices today. I'll be trying again on Saturday for sure.
  • Bleux
    Options
    No worries Sunny. Make sure you take care of yourself. You don't want to push to hard and cause more serious problems. Take an extra day off. That is what I am doing. I am suppose to finish week four today, but the last three nights I have only been able to sleep 3-5 hours each night and I know I don't have the energy. Maybe this afternoon if I can get a nap in. Otherwise, I'll just do it tomorrow.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Hello all, and happy weekend. Finished week 4 today!

Time: 32:19
    Distance: 5.35 km
    Av/KM: 6:03 min/km

A nice run. Felt good. i am ready, though a little nervous, to start week 5 on Monday!
  • Bleux
    Options
    W5D1 completed!!
    Time: 32:04
    Distance: 5.21km
    Av/KM: 6:09 min/km

A slightly slower average per kilometer, but that is normal on day one of a new week. Not dreading, but not looking forward to day two. Having to listen to the different start and stop times on the Podcast sort of psyched me out... but I am sure I will be fine on Thursdays 8 minute runs.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Wow, Bleux, you're kicking my butt! I tried w5d3 but my body didn't like it; going from two eight-minute runs to one twenty-minute run was just too much. So, I'm breaking with the program. Yesterday, I did a five minute warm up and then ran a mile (about 10 minutes) and then alternated running and walking out to 30 minutes; I came out to about a 5 mph pace overall. I'm going to work on adding a quarter mile every day until I work up to two miles, and then get back on the c25K program. For now, I'm just enjoying listening to my own music.
  • Bleux
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, Sunny. I am a little nervous for tomorrow and D3, but, we'll see how it goes. I am getting up to do the run first thing in the morning. At least I will be ready to go for the day!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Surprisingly, the jump from d1 to d2 in week 5 wasn't bad at all - but then they wanted me to follow it with a quantum leap.
  • Bleux
    Options
    You are right... D2 wasn't bad at all. I made it through with flying colours. I am actually looking forward to Satruday's run now. We'll see how that goes :-)

Time: 32:13
    DIstance: 5.4km
    Av/KM: 5:58 min/km
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Good job, Bleux!

I'm sticking to my detour, for the time being. I ran 1.25 miles in 13 minutes today, and stuck to my 5 mph pace. I'm hoping I can get up to 1.55 miles on Saturday, and keep that up Monday and Wednesday. I'm kind of nervous - my first 5K is next Saturday and I am just not ready.