Counting water when using Crystal light mixes!

Options
Would you count a glass of water if you added the crystal light mix with it? I do add the 5 calories in MFP.:drinker:

Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If you do some research you'll discover that the "8 glasses of water a day" goal is just a myth. Everything we drink has water in it.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    if I were counting water, YES absofreakinglutely I would count crystal light toward the "so many cups of water per day" goal...

seriously, what else are you gonna do, drink your "water" in addition to the crystal light?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I pour some water in my mouth, sprinkle in some crystal light, swish it around, then swallow, just to be safe.
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yes. You will have some people, I'm sure, pipe in and say "No, only water is water!" and then lecture you on diet sodas and sodium, artificial sweeteners, and yada yada yada, but the point is just because you mix water with something, unless a chemical reaction occurs with the water, and the polar bonds are broken and you no longer have a hydrogen ion attached to a hydroxide ion, you are still drinking water.
  • cardoza2011
    Options
    Yes. You will have some people, I'm sure, pipe in and say "No, only water is water!" and then lecture you on diet sodas and sodium, artificial sweeteners, and yada yada yada, but the point is just because you mix water with something, unless a chemical reaction occurs with the water, and the polar bonds are broken and you no longer have a hydrogen ion attached to a hydroxide ion, you are still drinking water.

This is the answer I wanted. I know it seemed like a silly questions but someone else was saying it shouldn't count it is like drinking soda. That only plain water would count. I thought different and wanted confirmation.

Thanks for not being rude like some others!