country girl in need of friends:)

Options
I am a southern girl! love fried stufff and sweet tea!! Fried stuff i can give up but I don't know how im going to give up sweet tea but i got to do this!! I wanna be able to look and feel amazing:)

Replies

• melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome I'm all southern too. :) I have 1-2 glasses of sweet tea everyday and yep I aint giving it up. I have given up some fried foods but as I've said to a lot of people I'm going to fry my squash and eat fried chicken every once in awhile. LOL
    I hope you have a great time here and good luck on your goal.
    Ps. you can add me for support if you want too :smile:
  • chuckek
    Options
    Try Splenda in your sweet tea or Arnold Palmer zero. It works for me (after a little getting used to it).
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love sweet tea and hot tea (this i drink daily still) I used to have upwards of 4 tsp of sugar in just one small cup of tea but after a long time of slowly cutting back I am down to 1.5 tsp. I don't think I could ever drink tea without sugar. :)
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'm in Alabama! Originally from Chicago, but hey! :tongue:
  • fragilefingers
    fragilefingers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try Stevia for your sweet tea! Pure natural herbal 0 calorie sweetener =)
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i agree with trying the Diet Arnold Palmer - 1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade. My hubby drinks these & swears they are really good.

i'm also a true Southerner & it will be shocking to hear this, but i drank so much sweet tea growing up that now i don't like it! Please feel free to add me as a friend for support :flowerforyou:
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've reduced the sugar in my tea but couldn't let go all the way! Good luck, feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • rachelkbyrge
    Options
    thats a hard one...Try truvia or stevia in unsweet ice tea. I buy it from McDonalds unsweet without ice and then add the sweetener and put it in my own ice. (Pretty Lazy)
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up anything. You have to learn moderation and figure out how to work your 'non-negotiable foods' (for you sweet tea) into your daily calorie budget!
  • prissygal
    prissygal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a southern girl! love fried stufff and sweet tea!! Fried stuff i can give up but I don't know how im going to give up sweet tea but i got to do this!! I wanna be able to look and feel amazing:)

Believe it, you can do it! I too am a southern girl who loves fried stuff. I don't eat very much fried foods anymore. I just bake, broil or steam. My lifestyle change came by the way of a diabetic wake up call. I took meds for a year and decided that I had to do something different, as a result, when the weight came off, guess what, I came off of the meds as well. It's not easy, but everytime I think of going back to the old way, the medicine bottle still has my name on it. One step at a time and you will and can get there. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I sweeten I use Splenda. Anyone can add me for mutual support.
  • mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Southern and proud right here!!!! I LOVE everything fried.... Chicken, Pickles, oreos..... And sweet tea is my weakness. But the key is moderation. Something that I am striving hard to learn! Good luck with you journey! :o)
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a South Carolina country girl. I gave up the sweet tea but can't seem to give up the beer. Although I have switched to Mich Ultra which saves me some calories and carbs :)
  • hsbryant88
    hsbryant88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    THank Ya'll. I don't even measure the sugar i put in tea so thats probably bad. :/ I'm going to have to work down slowly
  • hsbryant88
    hsbryant88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need to switch to MIcha ultra too lol but my fiance keeps bud light in there so im gunna have to get on to him.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm from southern...Canada. Feel free to add me!
  • emma1002
    Options
    Hi, Im from England (the land of tea) i used to take 2 sugars in my tea and i hate sweetner ive cut right down to half a teaspoon, dont know if i could cut it out completely. anyone feel free to add me, im looking for some friends to motivate each other :)