Just feeling really down...

Options
I don't know what it is or what's going on with me today, but I just can seem to keep myself motivated to do anything! I feel my life is in disarray and that is effecting my weight loss, since I am not up to doing much as far as working out...

Anyone have these days?

Replies

• skinnyiverson
    Options
    I sometimes struggle with depression. I am medicated now so it is much better. :smile: A good friend once told me there is nothing to do when you are feeling super anxious but to start addressing what is causing the anxiety. When i start feeling like my life is in disarray I just think " what can i do today to work towards correcting it". Hang in there!!!!!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Meditation helps me to get balanced. Gratitude helps dispel negativity also. Sometimes I give my dog a massage. Helps me to get outside of myself.

This journey we are on is one step at a time, one day at a time. Stay in today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    That's why you MUST workout, to release stresses
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    I get like this sometimes. When I am down, my intentions are great, but my body just wont move.

Don't punish yourself for it! You cannot control when these bouts will hit you! If you punish yourself, you'll feel worse, which will keep you in this funk even longer.

Focus on the good choices you will be making. Tell yourself that this one day wont hurt the rest of your progress. Get up. Do jumping jacks. Dance silly! Do anything to get yourself motivated and going again and MOVE ON!
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way today.
    I know that I should make it a point to go for a walk, do yoga, or just sit and meditate since I'm feeling so crummy - but all I want to do is go home after work, get into bed, and sleep until I have to wake up to go back to work tomorrow morning.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    try to stay busy if you can! and do try to work out...you will feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!

this feeling won't last forever. dig deep!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a Full Moon . . . not that I really think that matters but I am always looking for a why! :wink:

Since Saturday I been feeling something that has been manifesting itself with a voracious appetite, but I am still fighting it, while it has gotten the upper hand a few times.

Life comes with ups and downs and I think accepting the downs with the ups in the long run we will be better off. If your down feeling last longer than a few days I would consider reaching out to a good friend or family member.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a Full Moon . . . not that I really think that matters but I am always looking for a why! :wink:

Since Saturday I been feeling something that has been manifesting itself with a voracious appetite, but I am still fighting it, while it has gotten the upper hand a few times.

Life comes with ups and downs and I think accepting the downs with the ups in the long run we will be better off. If your down feeling last longer than a few days I would consider reaching out to a good friend or family member.

I totally believe the full moon has a significant effect on the human body and mind; we are, after all, made up mostly of water - and we all know how the moon effects the tide...

Many of the "downs" in my life have occurred around the full moon, which incidentally synchs with my time of the month.

Most recent full moon happenings: A break-up and subsequent hospitalization.

THE MOON, MAN
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Turn that frown upside down :-) watch a funny movie, stick music that makes you happy, or think of something pure that brings joy. great mood changers,
  • spraylady
    Options
    Nearly every day. Working out and eating really healthy for several months and still gaining. Had hysterectomy 7 weeks ago, don't know if that is it, but I have never had this trouble before. Absolutely aggravating! Makes me want to have a cake....the whole thing and say "screw it"!
  • skinneyminni1
    Options
    chin up chin up everybody loves a happy face wear it share it'll brighten up the darkest place twinkle sparkle let a little sunshine in you'll be on the right side looking at the bright side up with your chinny chin chin nothing worng with quotes form charlotte's web it always makes my day better somehow my daughter alwaysa tells me this to make me happy and she's 9
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    chin up chin up everybody loves a happy face wear it share it'll brighten up the darkest place twinkle sparkle let a little sunshine in you'll be on the right side looking at the bright side up with your chinny chin chin nothing worng with quotes form charlotte's web it always makes my day better somehow my daughter alwaysa tells me this to make me happy and she's 9

What an amazing daughter you have!

OP: be kind to yourself, try and be around positive people who love you & keep going xx
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord do I know that feeling! The thing that works best for me is to get out of the house for awhile. Even 15 minutes of fresh air can help. Whatever you do, be gentle with yourself. Life isn't always smooth sailing, neither is weight loss. :heart:
  • foodno
    foodno Posts: 2
    Options
    i like that. i will try it. never thought of it. thank you
  • jenjencase
    Options
    Hmm, I recently weaned off of my prescription depression medication and am following a program from a book called The Mood Cure by Julia Ross. It entails various amino acid supplements which are very inexpensive. The book was recommended to me by a couple friends of mine who have both struggled with depression and addiction and have also previously taken prescription medication. They have had great success with their programs, and I am enjoying feeling better as well. The book covers many subjects including diet---but personally I like the way I eat and am not really following the dietary recommendations for the most part, unless by accident. Regardless, I highly recommend the book; I am now working out, watching my calories, and even being more creative, all because I feel so much better. Good luck!