Roller derby workout?

Options
I read an article somewhere about roller derby being the hot new workout. You roll around on your skates while doing squats or something. I live in Dallas, TX and I would love to take that class, but I can't find anything about it. Guess it is not in Dallas :sad:

Replies

• stephaniemacphee1019
    Options
    While Roller Derby is an excellent workout, its actually a sport, so if you are searching for a "class" you likely won't find one. Try search for a Roller Derby league in your area, Texas was one of the first places in North America to bring back the sport, so i;m sure their are lots of teams there for you to look into. Ive been playing derby for a year now and its an incredible lifestyle!! Although if you are just looking for a great workout it may not be for you, because it is a full contact sport! Try googling it, search it on youtube!
  • cherylkeenan
    Options
    If you are on Facebook search for "roller derby workout challenge 2013". There you will find examples of workouts and exercises. I play derby as well and several of my teammates are doing this.
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There is also a roller derby workout group on here with it all. Just search roller derby workout 2013 :)

I have the roller derby workout DVD is this similar to what you mean?
  • FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I read an article somewhere about roller derby being the hot new workout. You roll around on your skates while doing squats or something. I live in Dallas, TX and I would love to take that class, but I can't find anything about it. Guess it is not in Dallas :sad:

Didn't Ellen Page as Bliss play Roller Derby in Austin, in the awesome movie Whip-It? There's gotta be something!!