30 Day Shred.. Starting 1/28/13

Options

Replies

• KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wanna join as well!! I completed one round of the Shred already (finished in late October)... and got amazing results! I have definitely slacked off this past month... So mad at myself! I need to get motivated. We can do this!!
  • RoseBird519
    RoseBird519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im in!! Just found out about the workout and did my first workout 30 min ago :)
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Would love to join if its not too late! add me! :)
  • tlh2058
    Options
    excited about starting and you are the first person on the community board I saw. Would love to follow but just wondering what the 30 day shred consists of. My thoughts are it is a 30 day diet and the shred is sheding the pounds. HELP
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    L1D1 completed! :-)
  • SchizJophrenic
    SchizJophrenic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 6 complete.
    Upped my weights as well just for a bit of an extra push.

Feel free to add me for support.
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 DONE!

I had to go easy on the jumping jacks and skip rope, 'cos my left calf was really sore! But still did it with only a couple 5 second rests - much better that Day 1 and Day 2!

I did about 5 minutes of stretching afterwards - now my thighs and calves feel worked, but not so painful - looking forward to Day 4 tomorrow!

Keep it up, everyone - WE CAN DO THIS!
  • go3gurl2go1
    Options
    I decided to give it a go! It's my first time doing The Shred...so I'm excited to see if I can complete it! Day 1 done :)
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1 ... done!! :smile:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Did it!
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! started last night with day one and thought i was going to puke halfway through - yeah i'm that unfit. But i have done day 2 this morning and already i was doing better and feeling stronger!
    Intend on doing it mornings M-F then 2 rest days at the weekend. Good luck everyone!!
  • 2in3day
    2in3day Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ooo... I started yesterday without seeing this thread, so you can count me in. I'm doing Monday-Fridays with weekends to rest/do other exercise.

The issue for me is that I go away the week after next, so I thought I'd complete L1 before I go... have a complete week off (we're going to Italy, there's no way I'm not all over the pasta and ice cream)... and then repeat L1 when I get back before going on to do L2 and L3.

Got up early yesterday to do Day 1 before work. I was fine at the time but my shoulders are killing today. Thought I'd give myself until after work to recover a bit so I can go all out for Day 2. I'm using soup tins at the moment as my weights aren't due to be delivered until tomorrow.

It's the push-ups that do me. My upper body strength is almost non-existent! I'm not necessarily hoping for weight loss with this programme, more toning and strengthening.

Good luck everyone... remember not to phone it in ;)
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1D2 and I'm sore as hell! Hopefully a hot shower will help!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 28 also - day three behind me this morning. This is hard as heck and Jillian is just MEAN (in a good way I guess)! I don't think I would survive the Biggest Loser, but I like the way she pushes you! I am still not able to do the entire thing to 100%, but I do see a difference from Day 1 to Day 3 (today).

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just finished up Day 2! I wasn't sore when I woke up this morning...my muscles felt used but not sore.

I upped my weights (from 5 to 9...except for the last arm raise/side lunge - started with 5s and went down to 3s!) Felt like I pushed harder today but my HRM reports a slightly lower calorie burn than yesterday.

I'm glad the abs work is part of the circuits because in previous programs I've done, the quick abs workout has been separate from the cardio and strength and I hardly ever did it.

I'm liking the shred more than I thought! I thought it looked too easy (it's not THAT easy, but definitely not the hardest), and Jillian looked bored/mean. I don't actually mind her that much ;)

Feel free to add me! Love to have new friends.
  • alangregorypoolejr
    Options
    I'm 4 days away from completing the cycle my second time. I can tell you that it is very effective with a highly controlled diet and if you push yourself 100% through the entire thing. That can be tough the first go round. Definitely everyone should consider trying it a second time if they are unhappy with their results first go round, as long as during that second go has you showing more discipline than the first. Almost halfway to my goal of losing 20 pounds!
  • Myosha86
    Options
    I'm just now seeing this! I want in if it isn't to late !!! I'll start right now.. Starting weight 237.2
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    would love the join in i starting a today is that to late?
  • laura6009
    laura6009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have the dvd and will start tonight also.....x
  • Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    D1 L1 COMPLETED LAST NIGHT!

Used 2 pound weight - that is all I had - need to get bigger ones!