building a beautiful butt

Replies

• saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    I used to have a totally flat butt..... now it's quite shapely. My trick was wearing heels every single day at work..... up the stairs (skip the elevator), through the parking lot & all around the building. I noticed a big difference in about 6 months JUST doing that.

It sounds silly but......Look at your bum with & without heels... it's totally more badonka-donk in heels. As you wear heels all day you bum stays flexed in that same position except for when you sit down. The balance of turning corners & such works out your inner & outter thighs & the constant flex also shapes your claves.

& if this isn't enough .... practice makes perfect so the more you do this the hotter & more graceful you look in heels as you've had sooo much practice. So build muscle being more girly!! :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    *kitten* to grass squats. People always say squats, but many people don't even get to parallel. I see so many doing quarter squats. *kitten* to grass isn't the BEST if you have knee issues or inflexible calves though.

Another is leg press with your feet placed at the very top of the platform.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Squats, Deadlifts
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    I'm eating at a deficit while lifting and am noticing a pleasant transformation to my derriere through (as everyone has mentioned) squats and deadlifts.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Hip thrusts, squats, deadlifts, walking or running uphill.

And while it's true that you can't add muscle on a deficit, you can strengthen and lift your glutes more easily than perhaps any other muscle group. I've been on a deficit for 3 years, and my butt is noticeably rounder and "higher," if that makes sense.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yeah, something like Strong Lifts on a deficit is your best bet for now. About 100 grams protein a day will work.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Squat until you feel your butt begging for mercy.

and deadlift.

Yup!

These.. both of these and then repeat
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Bumping for the input. I need a bigger butt.
  • Yep I'm for b.a.b.b. :smile:
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Squats, bridge pulses, hiking uphill. I'm not too fond of my body, but holy cow, my butt is starting to look good.
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    *kitten* to grass squats. People always say squats, but many people don't even get to parallel. I see so many doing quarter squats. *kitten* to grass isn't the BEST if you have knee issues or inflexible calves though.

Another is leg press with your feet placed at the very top of the platform.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

aw yeah, did both of those at the gym tonight. hooray for progress and *kitten*-building~
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hip thrusts, squats, deadlifts, walking or running uphill.

And while it's true that you can't add muscle on a deficit, you can strengthen and lift your glutes more easily than perhaps any other muscle group. I've been on a deficit for 3 years, and my butt is noticeably rounder and "higher," if that makes sense.
    I don't believe you. Pics needed.:wink:

IDEA Fitness member
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    To gain mass you need to eat at a surplus. Do squats, deadlifts, lunges and hillsprints and ensure you have a progressive loading routine.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    To gain mass you need to eat at a surplus. Do squats, deadlifts, lunges and hillsprints and ensure you have a progressive loading routine.
    That and genetics plays a role as well.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    bump hehe
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    gifs-animation-rapper-sir-mix-a-lot-song-recitation.gif

+1 more to the heavy deep squats and deadlifts.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Here are some great moves from Bret Contreras, the Glute Guy. AFTER you master perfect form using only your bodyweight, add heavy resistance bands, dumbbells, loaded barbell, etc. Remember to squeeze those glutes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK7zIUBH6Z0&list=PL4CE51ED9E54AA7C3&index=18

Bret has lots of other great videos on YouTube and his own channel. Check out his Hip Thrust instructional video on YouTube.
  • mdh185
    mdh185 Posts: 49 Member
    A round *kitten* is like other genetic gifts. You either have one or your don't. It is why some people are good sprinters and some are good at distances, to some extent we are what mother nature made us to be. All these exercises will improve your muscle strength but you are not likely to build a J-Lo butt anymore than you can build a D cup.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    That's not entirely true. Certainly, some people (Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, and the like) are genetically predisposed to have a bigger rear end. But that doesn't mean you can't do some reshaping.

Exhibit A:

http://www.myomytv.com/booty-making-home-workout-kettlebell-body-weight-glute-training/

Granted, it took her 2 years, not weeks or months. But the evidence is pretty clear, and she did it with glute-specific weight training.
  • Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs and/or Brazil Butt Lift :)