women close to 5 ft 5 meassurements!

Options
Just a question, what are your measurements? I dont know if im considered chubby or not? my measurements were taken by a normal tape measure not the cloth so might be off. But waist-32 hips-41 chest-30 bust-34 I am 24 5'5 and 148 lbs,

dont know what "normals" measurements are and i am just trying to compare myself with other, thanks!

Replies

• Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 63 yrs old, Waist 32.5, hips 38,bust 36.5, Height 5.5, Weight 146.
  • kada6305
    kada6305 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So we are close in measurements then, Last night was first time I ever measured myself and wasn't sure if i had normal measurements.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    So we are close in measurements then, Last night was first time I ever measured myself and wasn't sure if i had normal measurements.

Just keep in mind that not everyone of the same height/age/weight whatever will have the same measurements. You can be a few inches larger or smaller than someone else of your height and weight.

Two people can weigh the same and be of the same height but one could be a few inches smaller if they have a higher muscle mass/lower body fat % than the other.

I had your measurements when I weighed 10lbs more than you.
  • crottedenez
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I was weighing around 140ish when I started and my hips were around 41" and my stomach was around 31".

I haven't measured my chest and bust.
  • kada6305
    kada6305 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Just keep in mind that not everyone of the same height/age/weight whatever will have the same measurements. You can be a few inches larger or smaller than someone else of your height and weight.

Two people can weigh the same and be of the same height but one could be a few inches smaller if they have a higher muscle mass/lower body fat % than the other.

I know, I just wanted to get a general idea for anyone in my height range. I plan on losing close to 30 pounds, and about 2 inches off my waist.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

I think that bone structure also makes a difference. I forget what my measurements are, but I think they are relatively big for my bmi due to my wide hips. I'll have to find my tape measure when I get home.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm 24. 5'4 3/4 (almost 5'5) 120.4lbs
    Bust: 34
    Waist: 26 5/8
    Hips: 35 1/2
    I have a small frame & I'm a high hip hourglass (or figure 8/spoon)
    Your measurements & how you look in them will depend largely on your frame size & shape.
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    Im 19, 5'5/6 117lbs
    waist: 26
    hips: 34
    bust: 34

:)
  • crottedenez
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I was weighing around 140ish when I started and my hips were around 41" and my stomach was around 31".

I haven't measured my chest and bust.

Today, weighing 133 this morning, I was 39 hips, 30 stomach, 29 band, 34 bust. oh and I'm 26.

Btw my stomach measurement was at my belly button.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 5'5 im also 24

waist-27 hips-33 chest-29 weight 137.8
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 122 lbs.
    Bust- 34
    Waist- 25 1/4 ( just a hair above!)
    Hips- 35
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 130 now but below are my measurements around 130. Chest isn't in there because I didn't need it to track body fat but I would guess u was 34.

Weight: 141.4
    Waist belly button: 31
    Waist smallest:29.5
    Thighs: 23.75
    Left calf: 15
    Right Calf:15.25
    Hips:36.5
    Bicepts: 11
    Neck: 13
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You girls are so small! Im jealous! Im 29, 5'4, currently weigh 168 and my waist is 34 and hips are 39 (didnt measure my bust etc lately) Im working on getting rid of the baby pouch and the weight i gained from quitting smoking. I have a larger frame so i had a flat stomach at 155 pds but would like to get to 145-150 and go from there when i go under 145 people think i have an eating disorder because i look too skinny, does this happen to anyone else? It seems alot of 5'4 women have tiny frames.
  • crottedenez
    Options
    You girls are so small! Im jealous! Im 29, 5'4, currently weigh 168 and my waist is 34 and hips are 39 (didnt measure my bust etc lately) Im working on getting rid of the baby pouch and the weight i gained from quitting smoking. I have a larger frame so i had a flat stomach at 155 pds but would like to get to 145-150 and go from there when i go under 145 people think i have an eating disorder because i look too skinny, does this happen to anyone else? It seems alot of 5'4 women have tiny frames.

We have the same size hips.
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'4, weigh and weigh 127.

Bust - 36
    Waist - 25.5
    Hips - 34
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 51/2inches tall and 49 years old. Small frame as well. I measure once a month so these measurements are from the first of January (I'm crossing my fingers for a little progress)

Bust 36" Waist 30" Hips 38". I'm currently 144 pounds.

So yeah, I would say you are pretty normal from the above sampling.
  • TurangaLeela
    TurangaLeela Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 138 pounds. I can't find my tape measure, so I don't know my exact measurements. However, I have big boobs, no butt/hips, skinny arms and legs and fat gut (hence, my being at MFP). What has shocked me most was my Fitbit scale says I am 34% body fat which means 47 pounds of me is fat! The boobs are probably 2 pounds of fat each, but that still means most of the remaining is around my waist. We are all shaped different and our blobby parts are different too.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    when people say waist, do they mean the area around their belly button or the smallest part of their waist?
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 138 pounds. I can't find my tape measure, so I don't know my exact measurements. However, I have big boobs, no butt/hips, skinny arms and legs and fat gut (hence, my being at MFP). What has shocked me most was my Fitbit scale says I am 34% body fat which means 47 pounds of me is fat! The boobs are probably 2 pounds of fat each, but that still means most of the remaining is around my waist. We are all shaped different and our blobby parts are different too.

any sort of scale that measure body fat percentage is not going to be accurate.
  • nicolebruggman
    nicolebruggman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was reading another thread the other day and someone posted this website. http://www.mybodygallery.com
    It has blown me away. You can enter your height/weight and body shape to see other women the same size. We all look so different (and most likely dread looking at ourselves naked) but are all beautiful in our own way.