Duck Waddle No More - NSV!

Options
I used to get ridiculed terribly when I was overweight because I had the "duck waddle" walk. My feet pointed outwards.. even when laying in bed, they just feel out to the side. The winter was the worse time of year for me, because of leaving foot prints in the snow. I was so self conscious about it ALL the time. I used to try to walk with my feet feeling like they were pointed inward, just to offset it... it worked most of the time, but I couldn't keep it up, because it was a killer on my knees.

I lost 100lbs and have maintained for 16 months now... and it wasn't until tonight, that I actually thought about looking at my foot prints as I was walking down my driveway.

Well... I was very happy to see that the HUGE waddle I used to have, is now only a slightly pointy! I just stopped and stared at them. It felt kind of silly, but it was a big moment for me. To finally face something that used to emotionally hurt me to see, to have others point out and make fun of... well, you all can kiss my little waddling butt now :)))))!!!!

YAY! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have a bit of the waddle going on too, but haven't thought about looking at my footprints recently. What a great idea!
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! And no success is little! It's really a big deal! Congrats!
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! Thanks for sharing!
  • Eatone1
    Eatone1 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I came to the success board tonight because I needed some encouragement. Your nsv made me smile. Thank you.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    congrats, you have done an amazing job. way to go
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    THIS!!! Your weight loss is inspiring - thank you so much for sharing!
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I totally understand I still have a Duck waddle shuffle going on and I noticed I stoop down some also maybe it is a hiding thing? . I am really looking forward to walking straight again.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS lady!!!!!! That is awesome! I remember it was a BIG milestone for me when I could paint my toenails without it making me out of breath! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
  • jjbnfo
    jjbnfo Posts: 15
    Options
    awesome job!!! Very inspiring! It's funny how so many of us losing weight notice the non-numerical things :)

(I'm putting stress marks on my belt at the tighter holes now, and taking one link out of my watch band)
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! And no success is little! It's really a big deal! Congrats!

^^^This
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

These types of NSV's for me, trump the number on the scale, the inches lost... being able to buy new clothes.... that's more materialistic to me... this is the core of it... where the shame gets planted by "family" members, and they get lifted up while they push you down and the kids at school, find anything they can to tease.

I can say now that I'm grateful to have experienced this, because without it, I wouldn't know what it feels like, and because I do... I can teach my children about fully accepting others, for who they are and as they are. :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That's an adorable NSV. Thanks for sharing your story and keep up the good work! :heart:
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    How awesome for you! (by the way - don't kill me I'm a newbie lol - but what does NSV mean?)
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Im so proud of your progress and that is an excellent accomplishment. And to pp, NSV is non scale victory. : )
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME NSV... you're walking straighter now ;)
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had to smile at your last sentence! Congratulations on losing all that weight - and what a great story - you should be very proud of yourself (and like you say - fingers up to the people who made fun of your duck waddle!)
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that is awesome! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!