Binge Save

Options
kellykat
kellykat Posts: 180 Member
I'm writing this to acknowledge a success I had in avoiding a binge. I know today isn't over, but I think the worse part of my craving is. Usually the week before my girly time is a hard week for me in regards to eating. Last month went well, but I can tell I'm going to have a bit more of a challenge this month. However, I know that I'm going to get through it and be the victor.

Today I had a huge stressor that normally would have caused me to binge. I felt myself starting to slip. If you peek at my food journal you will see 2 granola bars and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. I wanted more. I went to the gym and had a challenging workout which made it so that I didn't go over my goals. However, after eating dinner tonight I could feel myself wanting more and more. I made the decision to go on a walk. My body is sore from working out, but everyone always says that when you are about to start a binge you should distract yourself and usually exercise is the best way. I've been one to offer that advice, but never to follow it. I'm home from my walk. I feel proud of myself for avoiding the binge.

Tonight I'm going bowling with some friends to celebrate a birthday. I'm confident that I'm going to be able to avoid the cupcakes. I've come so far and I'm not going to give up. Binge eating will not get the best of me. Today I won, but it was a close victory. I'm ready for more success.

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm nowhere near my girly time, but have definitely felt those urges to binge and eat and eat and eat today (what IS it about wednesdays??).......and while I haven't given in, I still have an hour before bed. Thanks for the pep-talk..........even if it was just to yourself, it helped me, too :drinker:
  • penny38_1999
    penny38_1999 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed to read tonight, i have been having to many of these nites lately, and i feel myself slipping again at this weight loss. I join MFP in Dec 08, lost 24 pounds and then started slipping In May of 09, i gained the 24 pounds back,and tried to get back on track, but just couldnt seem too, So here i am again Started In Dec 09 again, have lost 23 of the 24, and its May again, and i feel im slipping, I so want to have it be different this time, and get another 20 pounds off before i start feeling like im going to fail again. I wanted to get up and eat tonight, but reading this has given me the boost i think i need to keep on going. Thank you for the post, glad to see im not the only one out here that goes through the girly thing and expeniences the same things, only mine is still about 2 weeks away, but in one more week, ill be having those same cravings, hope i can control it, ill come back to this post and read it all over again, and hopefully it will ward me off like it has tonight. THANKS AGAIN!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I HATE binging and congratulations on avoiding it!!!

I have been binge eating/food addiction for a while now (just started getting treatment last year) and just this past week I have had NO binges. It seems so surreal and it's awesome, but I do exactly as you recommend. I have to get out of the place that has food, I tell my DH that I feel a binge coming on and he helps me get through it (sometimes I even jump onto MFP!). I have gotten rid of all binge food in our house and when DH has treats he has to hide them from me. It's horrible, but slowly but surely it is getting a little bit easier everyday. You are doing great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!