Post your lowest calorie snack/meal ideas here

Options

Replies

• amandaborup
    amandaborup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My new favorite low cal snack is a hard boiled egg, tastes great, plus the high protein content keeps you feeling full for a while :)
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bumping this for later!
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Fruits!!!! All kinds
  • rfransen
    Options
    cucumber slices...almost no calories at all.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots with red pepper hummus

Pre-sliced, frozen banana with a 1-2 tsp of peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate syrup in my Magic Bullet - consistency is like ice cream (not sure of exact calories but should be 100-200 depending on pb).

There's a negative calorie food list on Pinterest. (Fruits & veggies that take more calories to eat/digest than are in them.)

Frozen grapes, too! YUM
  • Gaynor_
    Gaynor_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a freezer full of bananas, peeled and halved.

I blend a whole banana (I half them so the blender can handle it) with 100-150g of frozen berries. I add about 1/4c (or less) of almond milk to help it mix. Sometimes I also add a scoop of protein powder.

It is a lot like ice cream.
  • flarge
    flarge Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also love frozen banana "ice cream", homemade hummus, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, tons of fruit, & frozen grapes.

I love blue corn tortilla chips (18 chips - 110 cal) paired with salsa (2 tbsp is 10 cal) and/or light sour cream.
    I put Italian olive salad on everything. It's so damn good. It's sort of like tapenade but isn't as finely chopped & includes some other veggies as well as vinegar. (2 tbsp - 37 cal)
    Pretzel slims (I get the Trader Joe's brand) are really good & versatile. (23 pretzels - 110 cal)
    I've been eating a lot of turkey bacon lately, which is probably high in sodium... (4 strips - 70 cal)
    I'm big on smoothies...there are soo many options and they satisfy my unrelenting sweet tooth.
    Claussen garlic pickles. (20 cal for a ginormous pickle)
    I make healthy oameal/banana/chocolate chip or blueberry muffins that are 200 cal each. I have them for breakfast & snacks.
    I like to microwave half of a sweet potato & add a little bit of butter or "butter" spray, cinnamon, & a marshmallow (pulled apart) as toppings. Sometimes I sprinkle some chopped walnuts or pecans on top, too. It comes out to a couple hundred calories.
  • anewmary
    Options
    Cheesy Rice Crisps! YUM!! Nine are 70 calories, and I often do 1 1/2 servings.

Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb is 35 calories (they also make a light French Onion, same cal). For a snack I put it on 5 Keebler Red. Fat Club Crackers for 105 calories total.

I also use the laughing cow on a sandwich, in place of cheese AND a bit of margarine, so it is just bread, LCow, and meat.

Celery...I know, it's been mentioned, but I'll mention my HOW. I cut the sticks up into slices, not very thin, and put them into 1/2 cup bowls, which is like 10 calories. Why this works is it gives you the grab and munch and crunch, eating one after another (very good for car too!). Some people grab chips or candy while playing cards, this weekend I grabbed an already made bowl of celery to munch.

And yes, when I'm low on calories left and HUNGRY at night, I go for the 100 cal smart pop single serve bags.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Cup of multigrain cheerios = 110 cals.
    carrots
    coffee
    tea
  • Trilby16
    Options
    2 marshmallows, nibbled = 50 cals.
  • Trilby16
    Options
    A red (or orange or yellow) pepper, cleaned and sliced. YUM!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Depending on how I feel...

If I am tired - I go for more carby stuff:
    - 1 brown rice cake with 1 tbsp peanut butter
    - a slice of toast

If I am hungry - I like more protein:
    - premade tuna salad (with carrots and onion) with 8 rice crackers
    - yogurt, cheese
    - cottage cheese

I tend to stay away from fruit snacks since it always puts me over my sugar for the day. (For me, sugar plays a big role in my weight, so I try hard to keep it small, even with fruit.... everyone is different!).
  • Trilby16
    Options
    Gum
    Pickles
    Tic-tacs
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Just finished my dinner - 204 cals for a bowl of homemade soup (potato, celery, and leek) with Quorn fajita strips.

I make a lot of soup - it uses up leftover veggies, it's warm and filling, and has very few calories for its volume. But watch that sodium if you use broth.
  • shelliehb
    shelliehb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots only 35 calories for a 3 oz serving
    Frozen Peas (strange, but I have always like them) 32 calories for 1/2 a cup
    Apples, Plums, oranges, strawberries, and cherries are all about 50-100 calories per 1 cup or piece of fruit.
    One mini piece of dark chocolate 60-100 calories.
  • dorlincecum
    dorlincecum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also love frozen banana "ice cream", homemade hummus, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, tons of fruit, & frozen grapes.

I love blue corn tortilla chips (18 chips - 110 cal) paired with salsa (2 tbsp is 10 cal) and/or light sour cream.
    I put Italian olive salad on everything. It's so damn good. It's sort of like tapenade but isn't as finely chopped & includes some other veggies as well as vinegar. (2 tbsp - 37 cal)
    Pretzel slims (I get the Trader Joe's brand) are really good & versatile. (23 pretzels - 110 cal)
    I've been eating a lot of turkey bacon lately, which is probably high in sodium... (4 strips - 70 cal)
    I'm big on smoothies...there are soo many options and they satisfy my unrelenting sweet tooth.
    I make healthy oameal/banana/chocolate chip or blueberry muffins that are 200 cal each. I have them for breakfast & snacks.
    I like to microwave half of a sweet potato & add a little bit of butter or "butter" spray, cinnamon, & a marshmallow (pulled apart) as toppings. Sometimes I sprinkle some chopped walnuts or pecans on top, too. It comes out to a couple hundred calories.
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So I love to eat what I just call a Fiesta Salad. Basically I put about 2-3 tablespoons of Salsa (any kind you like but I prefer the medium Newman's Own), then you can use any kind of meat. I will do about a serving so just a couple ounces of ground lean turkey or even lean ground beef (though grilled chicken chunks works well too), and then just a serving of reduced fat feta cheese crumbles. Put all of that on top of the salad mix of your choice (I like to use Iceberg lettuce for this, but the baby spring mix works as well)! It's super delicious and I recommend this highly to anyone! It's very filling and you can make it more or less calories depending on how much meat and type and quantity of cheese you want to use!
  • bertypainter
    Options
    animal crackers,vanilla wafers, homemade fruit salad, sugar free werthers caramels
    I use baked ham a lot cause it is low in calories, also eggs which have protein and are filling, just added baked potatoes that i eat with a scoop of cottage cheese on top. I buy low calorie bread and bordens diet cheese. soup is great, so many are lowfat and filling also.cereal for breakfast is really low calorie, i bought zero fat milk and i couldnt tell any difference on cereal. i stay away from things like hot dogs or baloney, but there are low fat versions of them if you feel you cant live without them. good luck
  • McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Gonna try this soon now. YUm