Start of my journey-Jan 2013

Options
My name is Shaun and i just started my weight loss journey and it's very difficult but I'm gonna be totally into this healthy lifestyle change. My starting weight is 204,since starting this new lifestyle change I have totally stopped all juice and sweets, I only eat 950-1200 calories per day and I work out 5 days a week,I have totally changed how and what I eat but in 3 weeks I don't see any change, so this site will help me to hang in there cause I know I'm not alone in this journey so please continue to post your success because it's really helping me to hang in there.

could someone please tell me how long after you started did you start to see changes?

Replies

• 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome,it was after the first month id lost probably 8kg and alot of cm.but it will depend on how overweight you were to start with i guess. sorry to say i have noticed the biggest changes in the last 3mths !! but changes come in lots of forms so keep alert ! this could be a change in energy levels, fitness, stamina in exercise, weight, inches,skin, moods etc.Good luck!
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You really need to eat more food. 950-1200 calories plus working out isn't enough for your body. It needs more fuel.
  • tinakikr
    Options
    Hi Shaun and welcome. You sound like a very determined young lady so no matter what, don't give up. I have been using my fitness pal for a couple of months and I can say that if nothing else, it has been a life saver for me. I was also not getting enough calories and thus training alone was not getting me the results that I was looking for. I had to go through a total change in eating, and believe emit wasn't easy but I'm tenacious and I have a goal so don't give up even though its hard because you are doing the best thing for yourself and that's going to be the reward when you get there.
    P.s.it took me a year to go from 175 lbs to 115 and I'm so glad that I had the drive!!:-)
  • Rileybeagle
    Rileybeagle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you let mfp determine your calorie intake based on your goal but your current intake is too low. Bodies go into defense mode if they think they are being starved and store everything as fat. I was 265 lbs with a 50 lb weight loss goal. MFP calculated my daily intake based on losing 2 pounds a week at 1960 calories per day. Also, on my exercise days, I did not eat back my additional calories but stuck to the daily goal of 1960. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and started noticing it immediately.

Hope this helps.
  • skyeashlee
    skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    G'day there! Im Skye from Australia !!
    Would love to be apart of your network so will give a lil intro about me ... and plse feel free to add the ppl from my friends list too , as they too have been fantastic for me! :O)

I started MFP Jan 2012 weighing in at 83KG.... a total loss of 47lb / 23kG over that year! Unfortunately with a current knee injury Ive put back on at least 7lb/5KG -which Im now aiming towards losing, and keeping off !!! (along with those other unwanted KGs).

My goal is to reach 58KG and then start 'seriously' strength training / muscle toning. I am not doing this purely on vanity, but for health reasons. I want to live a healthy life and be proud of a good body I work hard towards! So it's time to start working..again!

I am looking for people that are using this site for legit reasons, and are happy to leave good/bad feedback on my food diary i will share with you. In return I will give you respect, recipes, advice when needed, and an overall support and encouragement that you deserve !!!!! I am not just looking for ''numbers'' on my friend list, but a list of friends that help make a difference !!!!
    ..''be the change..''

Cheers :O)
    Skye
  • sakkeil
    Options
    Hello Skye!
    I'm from NZ and as of yet haven't really been using MFP, just signed up. Any tips for making it metric friendly?