• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Whatever bread that you like to eat and that fits in your cals and macros

^^^ This

Yup....pretty much goes for any food.
  • susan_skipper
    Options
    I like rice paper wraps. Only 70 calories for 3 wraps and I stuff them full of grated veggies and a little hoisen sauce.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Id say whole grain (whole wheat)
    Its got lots of fibre too which is good. :D
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like sourdough bread, European style rye bread and Wasa crispbread.

"Researchers from the University of Guelph, in Ontario, Canada, tested the affect of white sourdough, regular white bread, whole wheat bread and whole wheat bread with barley on a group of overweight people aged 50 to 60 years old.

"When the subjects ate the sourdough bread, they saw the least blood sugar and blood insulin response, which is a good thing," says Terry Graham, professor in the Guelph human health and nutritional services department."

Sourdough bread better for blood sugar control
    http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/804898/sourdough-bread-better-for-blood-sugar-control
  • dleger22
    Options
    I make my own using whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten flour, yeast, soy milk, olive oil, truvia, and salt. it's pretty good, tastes like regular whole wheat, and it's not grainy. you'll get two loaves for one batch. and it keeps me full for a long time. let me know if you want the recipe. :smile:
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    If you are interested in lower carbohydrate bread, check out Julliians Bakery Paleo Bread. It's pricy but worth it.
  • bordsilly
    bordsilly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These are great I love them!!!!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lowest carbohydrates you can find?...
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat? I would use the bread to make a chicken or turkey sandwich.

Whatever bread that you like to eat and that fits in your cals and macros

This
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ezekial 4:9 bread!!!!! Very good.

I love their stuff
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I like rice paper wraps. Only 70 calories for 3 wraps and I stuff them full of grated veggies and a little hoisen sauce.

What a good idea!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat?

None.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ezekial 4:9 bread!!!!! Very good.

Yaaaaaay, me too! But seriously, eat anything you like. Just don't stuff the whole loaf down your throat.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to lose weight and I was wondering what type of bread is best to eat?

None.

I eat bread every day. And lost weight. Boom.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I like the Flat Breads. Lots of variety to choice from and most are around 90-100 calories each. LOVE IT!!! :bigsmile:

p.s. Oh, locally they are almost always a BOGO!!! :bigsmile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

None.

I don't eat it every day, but I eat it.

I doubt you ask dumb questions though, eh?
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

That sounds good!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Whole grain has the entire kernel of the grain from the bran to the endosperm to the germ. Whole wheat has the bran and germ removed during the refining process and is left containing only the endosperm. Unfortunately, the majority of vitamins and fiber are contained in the wheat bran and wheat germ that is shed during the refining process.

Whole wheat flour goes through a refining process that removes some of the nutritional values. In fact, whole wheat flour has half of the nutrients stripped away during the refining process. Whole grain flour is not refined and therefor maintains its full nutritional value. Whole grain bread is a good source of B vitamins and fiber and is lower in fat than whole wheat bread.

Whole grain is lower in fat than whole wheat. Whole grain also contains all of the fiber, iron and B vitamins that nature intended because it does not go through a refining process. In fact, the refining process strips away half of the vitamins, calcium, iron and fiber from whole wheat products.

Whole grain and whole wheat look very similar. Most people cannot tell the difference between the two without tasting them. Whole grain has a richer taste than whole wheat does. Whole grain has a more dense texture than whole wheat does. Whole grain maintains all of the nutrients nature intended which makes it a more filling and satisfying choice than whole wheat. It is possible to feel full quicker while eating less when you choose whole grain over whole wheat. Also, whole grain is a better choice for diabetics because it cause less of a "sugar spike" than whole wheat does. Refined grains have been linked not only to weight gain but also and increased risk of insulin resistance. In fact, whole grains have been shown to lower your risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes otherwise known as adult onset Diabetes.

The only way to know if you are getting whole grain or whole wheat is to read the label. Look for whole wheat flour as the first ingredient or a statement that it is made with 100% whole grain. Sometimes labels can be deceiving, so make sure that you read the label carefully. The Whole Grain Council makes it even easier for you by putting their whole grain stamp on whole grain products. So read the labels and look for the whole grain stamp to pick the healthiest products.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options

None.

I don't eat it every day, but I eat it.

I doubt you ask dumb questions though, eh?

The art of losing weight is different as everybody is different. Many people can not lose weight eating breads. So for you it might be trail and error. If you can lose weight by eating breads try and eat a healthy bread.
  • livesthere
    Options
    I would say whichever is the most filling and has the least sugar... I personally LOVE Franz San Juan Nine Grain Bread. It may just be a Seattle thing, but it's so good. And it fills you up. Has lots of little nuts and seeds in it.