5 foods never to eat

Options

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    How about raw potatoes?

DH and I LIKE raw potatoes, with just a little salt!

Heck, I ate a pack of Hostess Zingers last weekend. I'd donated blood and had a good workout (before donation, of course). Were they on the list?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Is this the video that makes bananas look like they are bad for you??? (I ask, as I sit here enjoying my daily banana.)

from the ad.... they are telling you to never eat rotten bananas (it was in my advertising bar as I read through the posts lol).....I can live with that.....except in banana bread then you need the over ripe ones.

Stick them in the freezer and then let em thaw, turns them into overly ripe bananas, really easy to use.
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    thanks but what are the question marks and profit?

and why not WHOLEWHEAT bread-i thought that was healthy!

I always think it's interesting when people cut out healthy carbs like this. If you're anything like me then doing some super low restricted carb diet will make you weak and moody. I eat at least 2 slices of bread a day (sometimes 4) and it hasn't effected my weight loss at all. I think the opposite actually. I get the darkest brown of course with the visible grains etc. So I would say just eat it. Carbs are fuel and we need them. There's just also a ton of bad carbs that should be avoided but not bread. Just don't go overboard of course but I think it's still a part of a healthy clean daily diet along with brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and quinoa.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about 1. Last night while making lunch for today I dropped my slice of ham on the floor, the cat made a dive for it and got a couple of licks in before I hauled him off. I still ate it. No ill affects yet, but I'll keep you posted.

1. Any sticky food that has fallen on a dirty floor
    2. Food that has gone rotten
    3. Food laced with poison
    4. Food you don't like
    5. Food on which you accidentally poured sugar on instead of salt

lol
  • JenelNguyen
    Options
    1. sugar free stuff with aspartame,
    2. special brownies
    3. taco bell
    4. fried foods
    5. macaroni and cheese
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have heard of the Kevorkian 4 foods never to eat.

1. Shellfish
    2. Pork
    3. Margarine (Hydrogenated Oils & Partially Hydrogenated Oils)
    4. Aspartame
  • Bumbeen
    Bumbeen Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Any food that creates a caloric surplus within the context of your daily diet and activity. Other than that, there's no reason whatsoever to exclude any specific food / food group unless you have some sort of sensitivity/allergy to it.

What about transfats. Is it ok if I get all my fats from margarine?
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    2. special brownies
    3. taco bell
    4. fried foods
    5. macaroni and cheese

Haha.. I definitely don't follow this list!
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I sat through it. . . they are 1) orange juice (not fiber and too much sugar) 2) margarine (all artificial junk) 3) whole wheat bread or pasta (not really whole grain!) 4) processed soy products (processed so much that no actual benefits still there) 5) corn (it is as modified as most wheat products. . . .

there ya have it!!!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    2. special brownies
    3. taco bell
    4. fried foods
    5. macaroni and cheese

Haha.. I definitely don't follow this list!

Taco bell is like my own personal crack for some reason. Ugh lol.
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Concentrated fruit juice (eat fruti instead) funny they use a picture of a banana. They said nothting about bananas.
    Margarine or spreads (use real butter instead and in moderation)
    Bread (alternatives are sprouted grain bread and spelt or quinoa bread products)
    Corn and anything made of corn! Corn has very little nutritional value and is genetically altered....very bad.
    Arificial sweetners and things in boxes like granola, crackers and most cereals, High fructose corn syrup...read lables.

The main idea is to eat things as close to their natural or initial form. Think fresh and lean or as near as God created them. Snack things in boxes or created to sit on a shelf have so many added chemicals that cause your body to hold on to fat. If you don't buy it, you w on't eat it. Good nutrition starts at the grocery. Always eat begore you go and try to stick to your list.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

They say that whole wheat bread raises blood sugar almost as precipitously as white bread. I don't eat wheat (because of the gluten and gliaden content).
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Concentrated fruit juice (eat fruti instead) funny they use a picture of a banana. They said nothting about bananas.
    Margarine or spreads (use real butter instead and in moderation)
    Bread (alternatives are sprouted grain bread and spelt or quinoa bread products)
    Corn and anything made of corn! Corn has very little nutritional value and is genetically altered....very bad.
    Arificial sweetners and things in boxes like granola, crackers and most cereals, High fructose corn syrup...read lables.

The main idea is to eat things as close to their natural or initial form. Think fresh and lean or as near as God created them. Snack things in boxes or created to sit on a shelf have so many added chemicals that cause your body to hold on to fat. If you don't buy it, you w on't eat it. Good nutrition starts at the grocery. Always eat begore you go and try to stick to your list.

There are actually some good things in corn as I recall---but I would never eat anything but organic corn as the regular corn is loaded with herbicides and pesticides, in addition to being GMO.
  • ArchelonX
    Options

Internet joke.

I think they were saying that, while it is better than white bread, it still has quite a high GI so it's not neccesarily as healthy as the brands claim. Here is a quick summary of wholewheat grains vs flour - http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA400088

I think it originated with the underpants gnome episode of South Park. Step One - collect underpants. Step Two - ????? Step Three - profit. Though its entirely possible that the episode is referring to some other cultural meme that I'm not familiar with.

Yep, you're right, it originated from that episode.

<3 South Park
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1) anything that contains sweetener or alot of sugar ( its really bad for you and makes your body hold on to fat)
    2)anything thats whole wheat its contains lots of sugar
    3)anything containing saturated fats
    4)anything that say diet (its worse than normal full fat foods and drinks as its all artificial and contains sweeteners
    5) processed foods
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    1. Cyanide-even though some catepillars will say this is the only way to lose weight. Don't trust them catepillars lie.
    2. Hydgrogen sulfide-I know we all see the tube worms in the deep vents of the ocean looking all skinny and sexy, but I wouldnt eat this.
    3. A rotting carcass-Yeah we all think the vulture looks hot with its head buried in a swollen wilderbeast abdomen but you could totally get sick.
    4. Humans-for some reason its not legal, and you could go to jail. But you could safely eat it and its supposed to be delicious like pork.
    5. Poop-flies will tell you this is how they get their thigh gap, but you will end up barfing your guts out and no one will want to be your friend because your breathe stinks.

So take my advice I know everything thats why I'm on MFP dispensing adving.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My body was designed to be fueled by the foods that are found in nature. My western diet and the associated western diseases that I am susceptible to have all come about as a result of consuming mass quantities of processed stuff.

I have been focusing on only consuming foods that walk on land, fly through the air, swim in water, grow in the ground, or grow on trees and bushes. That would make my NEVER LIST huge!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    4)anything that says diet (it's worse than normal full fat foods and drinks as its all artificial and contains sweeteners

Yeah, I really read the labels when it says, "diet", "low fat", "low sugar", etc. because i always wonder what kind of other crap they throw in to make it taste good. It particularly annoys me when "low sugar" or "no sugar" includes artificial sweeteners. Just take the sugar out, darn it. I'll add sweetener if I want it!
  • JBuehrer1
    JBuehrer1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I watched it, it was not helpful. It wasn't 5 different food, it was 5 types of food and it was extremely long! Just someone else said, it was stuff like artificial sweetners, wheat or maybe soy products, stuff like that!
  • rawyatawfig
    Options
    I Love it. :)