P90X or Insanity?! Which one have you had success with?

Options
I'm looking to start one of these programs wednesday but was wondering which will beneifit me the most and which one has helped you guys!

Female
 SW: 145 
CW: 138 
GW: 115

I'm not heavily overweight, yet am looking to lose that spare tire and tone up for prom! Any reccomandations or advice? Also I'm willing to put In the effort so difficulty isnt an issue :) just want to try something worthwhile! 

Thanks so much guys, love you all!

Replies

• lolwutshannon
    Options
    Insanity is great for fat loss, because of the intense interval training. P90X is more for building muscle and strength. Both are great programs, it just depends on what you want in a workout. Insanity killed me! My husband (who was formerly in the Army so he's a hard *kitten* ;) ) said when he did it for the first time he wanted to cry because of how intense it was.
  • Edica926
    Edica926 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did P90X and slimmed down and toned up quite a bit. You can build muscle if you want, but it's also great for losing weight. Honestly if you do either one you'll see results. Being active is the key, doesn't matter so much how you do it as long as you do it.
  • kerr319
    kerr319 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ugh- we could NOT stick to P90 because the workouts are soo long and you need extra equipment. Insanity is perfect. My husband has been doing it for 4 months now and he lost 30 lbs! I do the workouts with him when I can and they are really great. Good luck! Definitely post an update!
  • corbyxo
    corbyxo Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you so mcuh everyone! I decided on insanity because it does not require extra equipment and I'm a huge cardio fan! I appreciate all of your feed back, i will make an updated post when I finish! Thanks again! :)
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    if you like cardio, youll love insanity. im doing it now, ive also done most of the p90 programs including p90x. i find that the cardio in insanity is SUPER challenging and you will sweat buckets. im just about to finish my first complete round, 2 months of insanity, and then am thinking of doing something that will incorporate weight training. GOOD LUCK! you will really love it!
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So I am a coach and with Insanity its more for weightloss..Its only 60 days long and 40 min avg the first month the second month is an hr a day but its more weightloss. P90x which I am in my 2nd round at the 3rd week and its all body transformation. Its an hr long on avg a day and its 90 days but most people see bigger results with p90x. I have done a round of each and Insanity has more convience but I personally cant get enough of p90x!
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did P90X and loved every minute of it...after the first couple of weeks that is. I dropped 32 lbs by the end of the program and have been able to stay active enough to tone even further.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!