Take a look at my diary please?

Options
2»

Replies

• goodnamegone
    Options
    It's not up to anyone to say who can and cannot be here. It also gives the impression that having an eating disorder is a moral issue and it's not. We can't assume someone has an eating disorder anyway, it's really not our business. I want to reply to your comment because it comes across as abusive even though the intention might have been good.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    OP is trolling hard
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see glaringly missing is 2-3 servings of dairy. Are you lactose intolerant? Can you take out an egg or two and add a little milk, cottage cheese, or yogurt?

EDIT: Do you also have a gluten allergy? In my opinion, you're missing some whole grains or beans. Things like ezekiel bread and lentils are nothing to be afraid of in any full-rounded, life-time sustainable diet. Your fiber intake according your plan is ok. But complex carbs from whole grains and beans are good, too.
  • krocksa
    krocksa Posts: 32
    Options
    Her intake is set to 1215, whch might be OK for her. There is a good mix of nutrients in here, healthy fats, protein etc. The only thing I see is you seem to be low-carbing it. I'd add some whole grain carbs in. I only eat my whole grain carbs before 2pm, and I'm careful with my serving size. That seems to work best for me. You have to do what works for you, but not to the detriment of your health. Generally i think this is a well planned out diet as long as you don't think grain carbs are the enemy.

And YES you can still workout as a student. I work full time, commute an hour, and have 3 young kids in way too many activities. Plus my husband owns a local business which I am partly involved in. If I can do it, you can too. NO EXCUSES. When I was in college I was in the best shape of my life. There are often free opportunities - gyms available to you with classes at all hours for little or no cost. Work 3 days a week into your schedule. You'll feel better, have more energy, and quite frankly probably retain more in your studies.

Good luck to you!
  • kariannmbc
    Options
    First, I'm not a doctor or nutritionist, or anything like that.

My suggestion would be to add some dairy in (or a source of calcium), and up your calories a bit. When I was a student, I had access to free work out training, an on campus gym (also free), and I simply walked almost everywhere except to my night class that got out at 10pm. I was in the best shape of my life, and the least fat. Every semester I also took a PE course as an elective. Do you have any of these available to you? My advice would be to do some (or all) of these, and up your calories a bit.

Now, that being said, I have a friend who's 4'10", and is already quite small, has a desk job, and just wants to work off the rest of her Christmas cookies (about 2lbs), and is doing just fine on 1200-1300 calories a day. However, for me, I was a complete grouch when I tried to do that.

ETA: my friend who is "quite small" is about a size 4, which with her height, compared to my 5'6.5" and double digit size, makes her SEEM small. She's not a size 0 though.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    WOW - has no-one asked her size, activity level before jumping down her throat?

OP, how did you determine your calorie goal? It is probably too low to be a good idea but you have the right idea for your macros and what you are eating, you just probably should be eating more. How much do you weigh? How tall are you?

If you are a student you should set yourself at at least lightly active. Your weight loss goal should be no more than 1lb a week. You should eat your exercise calories back.

ETA: you need to get your current intake up, as you already know. If you have problems eating more than you have planned for tomorrow (as I am pretty sure the new inputs will give you a higher number, and if that does not, the exercise will), try to incorporate calorie dense foods such as nuts and nut butters and full fat dairy.

^
    Agree...people are brutal!! Geeze
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Why is your daily goal so low? That's the amount of calories a small child needs.

Her goal is set at 1200...I agree she is not eating enough however her goal maybe on target. I am 5'3 and weight 150. MFP set mine at 1200. I actually increased it to 1250. So should I not listen to that goal? This is what confuses me. I work out 6 days a week for 30-40 minutes and I generaly eat back all my calories. But if what your saying is true I will never lose weight because I am not eating enough
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Why is your daily goal so low? That's the amount of calories a small child needs.

Her goal is set at 1200...I agree she is not eating enough however her goal maybe on target. I am 5'3 and weight 150. MFP set mine at 1200. I actually increased it to 1250. So should I not listen to that goal? This is what confuses me. I work out 6 days a week for 30-40 minutes and I generaly eat back all my calories. But if what your saying is true I will never lose weight because I am not eating enough

If you are eating back your exercise calories, you are fine. For people like us who are not that tall, our BMR is only 1400 or there about at sedentary. The body just dont need so much food. So, with exercises calories added back, your deficit is effectively around 200 cal a day. It's ok.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I tried to check out your diary, but it says it's only available to friends. Not sure why you'd post this in a forum if your page is blocked?
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    I tried to check out your diary, but it says it's only available to friends. Not sure why you'd post this in a forum if your page is blocked?

It wasn't blocked when she asked.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Ok weirdest food diary I ever saw. WTF? What am I looking at? I don't get it.

Okay...take a stuffed animal and name it your name. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that's your kid or puppy or orphan or whatever you think you'd be responsible and interested enough to take care of. Now go through your day imagining the real you is that stuffed animal and is in charge of feeding the real you/puppy/kid. Would you EVER feed a puppy/kid/orphan that sporadically? One day a lot, next day breakfast only, next day normal, next day bingey, next day nothing, again nothing, then skipping meals again?

If there is a website for eating disorders I think that's where you should go next. This is crazy eating that most people here are ill equipped to answer or handle, me being one of them. You need to be around people who can make sense of this and be supportive, not frightened or angered by it. I don't care how many times you say you don't want to do the ABC's or whatnot, you need somethign most of us here can't give. Or just honestly go to your parents or dr or teacher or someone you really need to get more serious about this.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Didn't mean to press the quote button and now can't get rid of it...