What Workout Apps do you recomend?

Options
I have been playing with different Apps ... getting back into running and something to help motivate me to exercise when I am traveling. Any recomendations?

Replies

• Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is my favorite. And the fact it integrates with MyFitnessPal was a big bonus.
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have Polar Heartrate bands ..but dont see any apps that work with them....maybe they are just out dated?
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper its good for running, walking and biking
  • Lori_Henz
    Lori_Henz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love JE FIT!!! It shows you thousands of excercises for each body part, you can customize the ap for yourself and it even shows you pictures of how to correctly complete the movements. It also allows you to create, or copy, a routine. Love, Love, Love it! Plus - it is FREE!
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic, I love it because it can track loads of different kinds of exercise, including in the gym and outside too. Added bonus is that it can sync automatically to MFP to upload your exercise calories automatically!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I use Gym Buddy to record my weight training. It works pretty good but I think the developer has abandoned the app, no updates for years. I also like LogYourRun to track my walking when I walk outdoors.
  • MsSasafras
    MsSasafras Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is my favorite :smile:
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Love Love, Couch to 5 K (C25K) it is free and works for any fitness level, they have 10k & half marathon version too. It works with my music and the time flies by.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is great! It tells you (in general) how many burgers you've burned and how many miles you've traveled. It also has some other cool features as well!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I really like Strava Run. The way it breaks down your segments is pretty cool and nicely laid out on their site. Yesterday I downloaded Nike Training so we'll see how that turns out!
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Zombies Run. (5K trainer and the regular game.)
  • jpoblete77
    jpoblete77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I 2nd Jefit for gym workouts, you can download some really good workout routines, modify it, or create your own.
  • LouPsych
    LouPsych Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like C25K and lolo
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The MapMyFitness App (which I mostly love) allows you to upload your data. I too have a Polar HRM and it's recently died after just over a year of use. I'd never buy one again. Do you like yours? (A little off topic, I know. But I'm curious.)
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Right now, I am using iTrain 6 Week Transformation, a free app that provides you with an audio, treadmill program as well as strength and flexiblility workouts on alternating days.
  • megedoug
    megedoug Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper now to keep track of my runs. When I started last year I did Couch to 5K and then Couch to 10k to build up my endurance. I have really bad knees and I credit both those programs for getting my distance up slowly without injuring myself
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    C25K
  • gaylemorgan1980
    Options
    Hi, my husband and I use Runtastic. Its a free app, with a Pro upgrade if you want, but the free version is great. It syncs with MFP too. You can use your phone to track your route when running and it saves all the data for you. It also gives you speed breakdowns, so you can see your improvement.
  • scowil03xx
    scowil03xx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo. It syncs with MFP, has multiple exercises, tracks your route with gps, gives split times, and is HRM compatible with a bluetooth HRM chest strap (sold separately). I am saving up for a new HRM chest strap as my old one just died. Not sure what if any of the above features are disabled in the free vs. pro version.