Anyone used the Insanity Nutrition Guide?

Options
I've been eating too few calories, and was thinking of following the insanity nutrition guide since I'm doing the workouts. But looking at it, it is extremely HIGH in protein and fiber.

By high, i mean following the nutrition guide, i would be eating (on average each day)
meal 1- 30g prot, 6g fat, 8-12g fiber.
meal 2- 15-25g prot, 9g fat, 5-10g fiber
meal3- 20-35g prot, 4-8g fat, 5-9g fiber
meal4- 22-27g prot, 12g fat, 4-7g fiber
meal5- 25g prot, 4-9g fat, 5-7g fiber

averaged out that's about 127g protein, 44g fat, and 38g fiber. Not to mention the sugar that's in the foods (not extremely high, but higher than I have been eating, or feel comfortable eating)

now, in my mind, and according to MFP daily chart, that is a HUGE amount of protein, and double (or close to it) the daily fiber you should have.

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually USED the insanity nutrition, and does it work?

EDIT: and these numbers may not be high (based on what people are saying). i Just know MFP tells me daily values of 25g sugar, 46g protein, and 18-20g fiber

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I've been eating too few calories, and was thinking of following the insanity nutrition guide since I'm doing the workouts. But looking at it, it is extremely HIGH in protein and fiber.

By high, i mean following the nutrition guide, i would be eating (on average each day)

averaged out that's about 127g protein, 44g fat, and 38g fiber. Not to mention the sugar that's in the foods (not extremely high, but higher than I have been eating, or feel comfortable eating)

now, in my mind, and according to MFP daily chart, that is a HUGE amount of protein, and double (or close to it) the daily fiber you should have.

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually USED the insanity nutrition, and does it work?

none of those numbers are extremely high. I eat 140-160g protein a day and eat about 50g of fiber.

and yes, it works. what are your goals? how much are you looking to lose/gain?
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bump -- not quite ready for insanity but i will refer back once im at that point !! good luck!!
  • johnwbaxter2
    johnwbaxter2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

none of those numbers are extremely high. I eat 140-160g protein a day and eat about 50g of fiber.

I've already lost a good bit of weight on insanity, but haven't been doing the nutrition that it suggests.
    I'm 162, looking to lose about about 10 lbs or so, but been stuck at this weight for a while now, also trying to get more toned.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/

This is the diet plan I try to stick to.
  • johnwbaxter2
    Options
    bump -- not quite ready for insanity but i will refer back once im at that point !! good luck!!

I'm not sure you need to be "ready" for it. I went from doing no workouts whatsoever, weighing about 210, to doing insanity every day. I also do Les Mills Body combat on the days off that insanity gives you.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    I use it! Working out very well!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You need the carbs for energy, especially in the 2nd month. The protein is high so that your body doesn't use your muscles for fuel when it runs out of glycogen (carbs).

The most important thing (IMO) is to eat at least 35% carbs, 1gm of protein per LBM or lb of weight, and no more than 30% fat if they are mainly healthy fats.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

I've already lost a good bit of weight on insanity, but haven't been doing the nutrition that it suggests.
    I'm 162, looking to lose about about 10 lbs or so, but been stuck at this weight for a while now, also trying to get more toned.

what has your diet looked like macro-wise? I'd be interested to compare the two.

put it this way - follow the guide and see how it works for you. what do you have to lose? there's a reason they've sold millions of these things - it works. :)
  • johnwbaxter2
    Options

what has your diet looked like macro-wise? I'd be interested to compare the two.

put it this way - follow the guide and see how it works for you. what do you have to lose? there's a reason they've sold millions of these things - it works. :)

my dairy should be open for you to see. Like i said, I know already I have been eating too little, calorie-wise and otherwise