Help on exercise

Options
Can anyone help me

I am going to the gym about 5/6 times a week, I mainly do cardio but have recently started doing classes like core ball, spinning and circuits. I am feeling really heavy, mainly my bottom half, i have put on about 7lb since november.

I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice to make me feel balanced again.

Replies

• andiehumphreys87
    andiehumphreys87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Sounds like the classes (especially spin) are very lower body focused, and the cardio, whether it be the treadmill, bike or elliptical, are also very lower body focused, thats the way cardio is. So it will build up your legs.

If you are wanting to balance it out, maybe when you go to the gym just do some simple upper body weights or resistance work.

Why is your focus cardio? Do you do any sort of strength training as well to help the balance?

Just balance it out with some different exercises when you are at the gym, basic shoulder press, chest press, rows, to give your upper body some tone and strength, this well hopefully help you feel less bottom heavy.

Hope it helps,

Andie :) x

PS. do you keep track of your progress in other ways other than weight? Measurements? Pictures?? 7lbs may be 7lbs of muscle and may be a great improvement in your body image!
  • pinkposca
    pinkposca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply, That really helps.

I dont have much knowledge on fitness, I lost 79lb within two year with just cardio and eating very strictly, my diet hasnt really changed. So i feel that maybe i have peaked with the cardio now, But i struggle with knowing what to do on the weights side of things. So thats why cardio has been a massive part, Purely because i have know idea what i am doing.

I dont really track my progress, i think i will start from today, I dont tend to track my food, As it lead me to be obsesive early on in my weight loss,

Your post has really helped, thank you
  • pinkposca
    pinkposca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Andie,

I took your advice and i asked one of the PT at my gym to show me some strenghtening exercises and, He has introduced me to the world of Kettle bells,weights, squats and lunges. Thanks again for your comment, you spurred me on.

Thanks