any ideass for motivation?

Options
:smile: What are the best ways to get motivated? I need ways to be reminded everyday to keep at my goal because I realized I can't do this alone! Yeah, so just post ways that always help you to stay motivated :smile:

Replies

• pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I stay motivated by talking with a friend with the same goals. She helps me when I am ready to cheat to remember why I shouldn't give in to temptation and offers support when I fall. Find an accountability buddy that you can make goals with. It will keep you logging on here. I guarantee it.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    the mirror and the mental image of what you want to look like when you're done chisling away
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    for a long time, results kept me motivated . .. it took me a good solid 6 months of gym time to start seeing results ... but after losing 40 lbs in 6 months, and seeing muscle (and my colar bone!) for the first time, I enjoyed going to the gym and checking myself out in the mirror! ... Every year, for 3 months I hire a personal trainer (April - June) to keep me motivated. And I finally have an active lifemate ... Which helps tons!!!!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I made a list of short term goals I wanted to achieve by a specific date, and I posted that list on the fridge. I see it every day.
  • bringingsexybackEDNOS
    Options
    Look at yourself in the mirror..and hate what you see.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    For exercise, my ipod motivates me. I LOVE music. And my exercise time is when I really get to enjoy it. And if I like what I'm hearing, I tend to walk maybe an extra mile or two.
    I am also motivated by earning "extra" calories. I know if I'm going to have a big day like going out for dinner or perhaps a party, I can exercise a little more that day and "bank" my calories.
    I am also motivated by this site! My Fitness Pal has helped me more than anything else I've attempted. I love logging in and seeing my pounds lost each week. I love the support on here. If I have a question about something, I just throw it out there and someone will have an answer or a suggestion.
    Do you have an old pair of jeans that used to be your favorite but no longer fit. Make that your goal.
    I know that when I play golf, I don't feel like I'm competing against the people I'm playing with. I want to beat MY score from the last time I played. I'm competing against me! And that's how this site is for me...I want to beat my last weigh-in.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I keep a picture of myself that was taken when I was 15, 150lbs, taped to the fridge. That way I look at it everytime I go to snack and I walk away from the kitchen. 9 times out of 10 Im not even hungry, I just like to snack!
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Join a support group on facebook
  • lorivent1
    lorivent1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I had a hard time staying motiviated as my weight wasnt decreasing as fast as I wanted it to. I felt like it was useless. So, I changed my exercise routine a bit (changed videos, equipment) and stayed focus and within two weeks I started seeing my results. Keeping those too small jeans out so I can see them and try them on is keeping me focused. I know that by continuing my program I will be able to get into those jeans soon! You will too!

Celebrate your small successes. Losing weight is a hard job! good luck!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    I like being next to someone who is fitter and younger than me. It makes me keep going longer and further because I don't want to be the first one to stop :laugh: