pork?? good or bad?

Options
So i have been reading alot of contradicting arguments about pork, so my question is yes or no to pork in a diet? x

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Pork is meat, it's a protein, what's bad about it other than possibly under cooking it?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    literally up to you. if you eat meat, and you like pork, there's no reason not to. if you have ethical, or health concerns about eating meat in general, that's another story.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    PIG = AWESOME!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Pork = good
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love a pork chop, especially with a fried egg on it. Yummm...

Pork is high in protein, and less expensive than a lot of other meats. More imporatantly, its delicious.

You can find why any food (including water!) is bad for you if you do enough research. My rule: if 1) I have no moral objection to it, 2) I don't have a medical reason for avoiding it, and 3) It fits into my macros -- I eat it!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    How can the source of bacon be bad?

Everything in moderation.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'd say natural pork is good, overly processed pork products (hot dogs, bacon, etc), not so much. One thing to watch for when you buy pork, at least at Kroger stores, is the cuts that are labelled something like "moist & tasty". They have an added x% flavor enhancing solution which is high sodium content and nasty tasting.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Boneless pork loin is one of my staples. I see nothing wrong with eating pork. It's high in protein and delicious.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I live for bacon.
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    We have pork chops a couple times a month & love them. Really don't see anything wrong with them.....:)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pork is high in protein, and less expensive than a lot of other meats. More imporatantly, its delicious.

My rule: if 1) I have no moral objection to it, 2) I don't have a medical reason for avoiding it, and 3) It fits into my macros -- I eat it!

all of this!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Boneless pork loin is one of my staples. I see nothing wrong with eating pork. It's high in protein and delicious.

^^ This.

I LOVE a boneless pork loin! I don't find it at all harmful.. only thing is sodium.. Pork can be salty, but moderation is key! Love me some pork!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    YUM! from a good canadian.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yum, pork is good! What could possibly be bad about it?
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork but if that's your thing go for it...
  • LibertyRob
    LibertyRob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pork? O soooo good! :)
  • charlenelockhart3
    Options
    Yay thank you guys, Im so glad, I love pork i tend to just have it plainly roasted, i find it all so confusing x
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pork but if that's your thing go for it...
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Pork loin is a fairly lean source of protein, and helps mix it up between chicken and fish.
    I have pork every so often. A roast or even a fire grilled chop make a nice dinner. Every so often on a weekend, I'll even have bacon.

Hot dogs and kielbasa are quite a different story though, because they're so processed.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    literally up to you. if you eat meat, and you like pork, there's no reason not to. if you have ethical, or health concerns about eating meat in general, that's another story.

This.