Cottage Cheese why do my taste buds hate you so?!

Options

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Knudsons is wall spackle.

Daisy 4% is my favorite, and not full of crap like other brands.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i cant stand the texture...
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I cant be within 20 ft of cottage cheese or I start dry heaving. That stuff is nasty. Id rather be around a cadaver.

LOL this made me laugh.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds totally weird, but I blend cottage cheese into my fruit smoothies..

1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 cup mixed fruit/berries
    ice
    1 pkt sevia

Blend in blender

You cannot even taste the cottage cheese, but it gives the smoothie such a creamy texture!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is icky to me too. Then I discovered greek yogurt-- hallelujah!
  • varda1982
    varda1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could try blending it a little with some seasoning (pepper, Mrs. Dash, fresh herbs, etc), that would cut down on the curdiness maybe. Try adding something into it as well like tomato, avocado, chopped black olives, or even pulled chicken or tuna. That would give you even more protein.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE cottage cheese as a kid - now I think it's gross...it's a texture thing.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    i only like a certain brand, too. The rest of it is...almost inedible. To the poster who said why eat something you don't like...fantastic source of protein and great macro spread. I haven't found anything else that compares.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Love cottage cheese.. my parents always put a little sugar in mine ... and I gobbled it right up! changed the flavor significantly..

try mixing in raspberry preserves/jam .. or any jelly you like .. or and a small tsp of sugar to 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese. It's really not so bad once you can sweeten up a little :-)
  • LisaLamb1
    LisaLamb1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I cant be within 20 ft of cottage cheese or I start dry heaving. That stuff is nasty. Id rather be around a cadaver.

Same (about the dry heaving, not the cadaver!)
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I managed to eat it at one meal for a streak of two whole days. I gagged both times. I love cheese, I love milk - just NOT ALL CHOPPED UP IN THE SAME BOWL. :sick:

ETA: is dry-curd or large-curd any better? I don't want to waste money on it if it's not. I actually love cheese curds, like the bigger ones that you get in a shrinkwrapped package (not the kind that are breaded and deep fried, but... drooling_homer_normal.gif.png to those).
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Not a Cottage Cheese lover at all either, but here's a recipe you may wanna try

1 scoop of Vanilla/Chocolate Whey
    1/4 cup of Almond milk
    2 tablespoons of small curd lowfat Cottage Cheese
    1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
    few dashes of cinnamon

Blend and freeze...eat later like icecream
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ah, thank you for reminding me I need to get cottage cheese!
    I hated it as a kid, but then I realized it was because it was always served to me with fruit. I love fruit, just not a fan of those textures together.
  • PediDocChicago
    PediDocChicago Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and a little vanilla. you can also sub cocoa powder for the cinnamon.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    try adding fruit to it. Sounds weird i know, but it's so good.
    Peaches or pineapple go together with cottage cheese like peanut butter and jelly, trust.

^^^ this... I love cottage cheese... but only if it has fruit in it, otherwise it's yuck.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    tuna mixed in or pineapple yummy x :bigsmile:
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    I like it mixed w/ranch dressing mix on top of green salad. You can also whir it in a blender and make a dip out of it (a sort-of phony sour cream if you doctor it up enough).
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it...but I think I may pick up the 100 calorie pack with the fruit today. Won't kill me and I may discover a new snack!
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have yet to try it in ANY way form or fashion in which I liked cottage cheese...BUT my sister loves it!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    it's gross